1.    #1  
    So I travelled to upstate New York this week and my phone since I got into this area has had no service and my phone has constantly been searching for a network. I dont think much of it, as it seems a bit out in the sticks and figure I really just dont have service...

That is until I finally give to the palmOne registration screen and take my battery out to get my S/N. I put the battery back in, my phone turns on and Im 3 friggin bars stong!!

So do I now have to remove my battery every time I dont have service to see if I really dont or if its just 1 more buggy "feature" of my new treo?
    Yeah, I've noticed that sometimes you have to reset the Treo reacquire signal if you move into a different coverage area...

Another workaround is to perhaps use the dial *18 function (Sprint) which will supposedly reset to the closest towers...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have this problem all the time getting off the subway in NYC (where there is no cell service). I just cycle off and on the radio. That seems to clear it up.