Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lynch
    RSGMOOSE - thanks for the helpful feedback.

Have you found the new version conflicting with any of your other programs? Also, are you experiencing many resets in the release version on your 650?

Thanks again.

No resets in the release version on my 650 and it's been installed for 2 days. No conflicts that I'm aware of although someone stated an issue with Graffiti Anywhere and the sketch or notepad feature on the board.

There are some distinct glitches with some screens and dpad navigation which are in the bug track and will be fixed with the next update release. They are focusing on getting the manual up at the moment - should be there tomorrow so you'll be able to see all of the benefits.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I have not used agendus but am considering it, The thing i like about the rom schedule app that comes with treo is the agenda view where it lists a few things and tasks and email with the background of your choice. the thing i dont like is tasks are seperated from calender. does agendus combine the tasks and calender together and does it have a similar option for the agenda view. one other thing, does it have similar function as far as day, week, month , agenda, feature goes, where you press the calender button and get the default view, then press it again and get day, week, month, ect.. thank you.
    Been using it a couple days now. No resets, and I like the interface MUCH better than version 9.x. I got Adgenus Pro free from the infamous Sprint/Handigo software promotion so I never really complained about the things I found difficult with the program, but this seems to have solved a lot of them.

One thing though, finding many of the features is not intuitive and the web and help screens are not always helpful. The pdf manual has it in it, but that is not always easy to navigate either.

Real quick, if you didnt already know the program, how do you get the weather report? Pretend you just bought the program and want to see the forcast. How would you know how to get there?

Even looking at the pdf manual takes a bit, since if you go to the index, see weather, it says "from the ______ screen, you do this..." without referencing how you get to that screen in the first place (or even a page # citation). Takes you several more trips to the index to figure out what icons to hit to get to the screen where its possible.

Just one example, but there are many. They need to get somebody that has NEVER used the program before to play with it while they watch so they can see how best to explain things.

That said, love the new version for myself, just hope none of my non-treo-tech savy friends get it and want me to explain it all to them.
    I was about to purchase AgendusPro v9.06 when I realized v10 was out.I installed v10,and have had no problems,with one relatively minor issue-in v9.06,I had the mail icon linked to Chatter,in v10 when I go to the option to change it from VersaH*ll to Chatter,Chatter isn't listed.Any suggestions ? I may just go back to v9.06 instead and buy that one.Otherwise,I really like v10 and have had no problems,I'm glad I rediscovered Agendus.

edit : Problem solved when I loaded a new Chatter beta
    Last edited by narbeauchamp; 09/22/2005 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by td67mustang
    I have not used agendus but am considering it, The thing i like about the rom schedule app that comes with treo is the agenda view where it lists a few things and tasks and email with the background of your choice. the thing i dont like is tasks are seperated from calender. does agendus combine the tasks and calender together and does it have a similar option for the agenda view. one other thing, does it have similar function as far as day, week, month , agenda, feature goes, where you press the calender button and get the default view, then press it again and get day, week, month, ect.. thank you.
    Attached are two "day" views. One is the Agenda view which has Today's appointment (in this case it's past so it's not shown) and tomorrow's appointment. It also shows the task list, phone calls, weather, (not seen but scroll down would be there) Quote of the Day and History (trivial things about this day in history). Email can also be seen or not - all options are just that options as to what is actually shown.

Second view is a simple agenda view of just appointments and tasks.

The "cycle" view of the default calendar is here as well with some tweaks - through the settings and preferences you can "skip" certain views that you'd not like to see. The normal is Agenda, Week, Month, Quarter, Trip, Tasks, Memo's, Contacts and then mail.

If you set the mail application as part of the cycle - you'll return to Agendus by continuing the cycle push of the assigned button.

I'd recommend that you download a trial copy which includes a product tour and you'll see in that product tour most everything new and useable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    One thing though, finding many of the features is not intuitive and the web and help screens are not always helpful. The pdf manual has it in it, but that is not always easy to navigate either.

Real quick, if you didnt already know the program, how do you get the weather report? Pretend you just bought the program and want to see the forcast. How would you know how to get there?

Even looking at the pdf manual takes a bit, since if you go to the index, see weather, it says "from the ______ screen, you do this..." without referencing how you get to that screen in the first place (or even a page # citation). Takes you several more trips to the index to figure out what icons to hit to get to the screen where its possible. ......
    Midmofan - yes the program is very complex and as such it's difficult to unlock the "secrets" sometimes.

The best thing I can say about Agendus is those of us at the Iambic Team Forum - we do know most of the program and are willing to help new user's figure out the program.

It's not a program that I'd recommend someone just download and start playing with unless they were really going to get to know it because of it's power.

New user's really need to play with the manual which for v10 is not yet out. It's due any second but the v10 manual had to be totally reworked from v9 because of the massive amount of "new" stuff.

I expect the manual to be "up" no later than tomorrow based upon what we IFTM's have been told behind the scenes.
    Moose Man
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    New user's really need to play with the manual which for v10 is not yet out. It's due any second but the v10 manual had to be totally reworked from v9 because of the massive amount of "new" stuff.

I expect the manual to be "up" no later than tomorrow based upon what we IFTM's have been told behind the scenes.
    You actually expect people to read the manual? Now that's a novel idea!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You actually expect people to read the manual? Now that's a novel idea!

I can dream, can't I?
    Moose Man
    my suggestion for the v 10.0 manual is to include cross referenced page numbers.

If a particular instruction says "open quaterly view," for example, there either needs to be instructions right there how to open up quaterly view or there needs to be a page reference that directs the reader to where it is explained what quaterly view is and how to open it up.

the current version of the manua, while extensive, is not designed for someone looking up a particular topic since each individual section assumes you know just abouteverything about program.

in other words, if acessing some function takes you 5 steps from the opening screen, often the manual, for that function, only covers going from step 4 to step 5, assuming you know the first 3 needed steps. That's ok if you have, at least, cross references to get you to the other pages you need, but without that you are constantly scrolling back and forth to the index to try and figure things out.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    my suggestion for the v 10.0 manual is to include cross referenced page numbers.

If a particular instruction says "open quaterly view," for example, there either needs to be instructions right there how to open up quaterly view or there needs to be a page reference that directs the reader to where it is explained what quaterly view is and how to open it up.

the current version of the manua, while extensive, is not designed for someone looking up a particular topic since each individual section assumes you know just abouteverything about program.

in other words, if acessing some function takes you 5 steps from the opening screen, often the manual, for that function, only covers going from step 4 to step 5, assuming you know the first 3 needed steps. That's ok if you have, at least, cross references to get you to the other pages you need, but without that you are constantly scrolling back and forth to the index to try and figure things out.
    V10 manual is at the "printers" and should be posted today or tomorrow at the lastest.....I'm not sure that your good suggestions will get incorporated.

The tour that is coupled with the install and other suggestion were made to the Iambic development team about v10 manual but I haven't seen even a prototype but will pass along your suggestions, albeit I fear too late.
    Moose Man
    thanks moose!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Attached are two "day" views. One is the Agenda view which has Today's appointment (in this case it's past so it's not shown) and tomorrow's appointment. It also shows the task list, phone calls, weather, (not seen but scroll down would be there) Quote of the Day and History (trivial things about this day in history). Email can also be seen or not - all options are just that options as to what is actually shown.

Second view is a simple agenda view of just appointments and tasks.

The "cycle" view of the default calendar is here as well with some tweaks - through the settings and preferences you can "skip" certain views that you'd not like to see. The normal is Agenda, Week, Month, Quarter, Trip, Tasks, Memo's, Contacts and then mail.

If you set the mail application as part of the cycle - you'll return to Agendus by continuing the cycle push of the assigned button.

I'd recommend that you download a trial copy which includes a product tour and you'll see in that product tour most everything new and useable.
    I like the Today view in Agendus 9 it just seems to have one quirk. When I have the date displayed it displays the date but also the next upcoming event. This seems like a waste because I have the meetings shown right below and the first meeting is always what is displayed in the date. Judging from your screenshort Agendus 10 does not do this? I hate the wasted screen space.
    Quote Originally Posted by td67mustang
    thanks moose!!
    V10 is generally good. There have been a few bugs reported since the release but nothing catastrophic just glitches. But with such a powerful program will be a few bumps along the way. These are being worked on and expect a point release soon.

I have it running on my Treo and my T5 and haven't had a major failure since it went into public beta and none since the release.

The power of the program with regards to Contact Management is extremely beneficial and it has the ability to record and track just about everything you need to function as a "contact manager" type software.

It's contact history shows even the phone calls made from the Treo and received if the number is the same - all this without doing anything.

If your not happy with the built in Palm calendar application - Agendus is worth a try.
    Moose Man
    Moose, thanks for your reply to my question about the trips feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by ojleblanc
    Moose, thanks for your reply to my question about the trips feature.
    Your welcome, anytime.
    Moose Man
    Moose, can you cycle between the Agenda list view and the Agenda today view?
    I like the weather+other things on the Today screen but don't like the fact I can't scroll to other days (and thus the need to cycle using the button to the Today list view), any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    Moose, can you cycle between the Agenda list view and the Agenda today view?
    I like the weather+other things on the Today screen but don't like the fact I can't scroll to other days (and thus the need to cycle using the button to the Today list view), any idea?
    Cycle is not working 100% and should be patched in 10.01 but there is no direct way to set up a cycle as you describe.

What you can do would be to assign Agendus (Preferences Launch buttons) to go to the Agenda view when first launched say on the calendar button and then to cycle. Then assign the Mail button to lauch to the List view. But at the moment - cycling is set to go through each view Day, Week, Month, Year/Trip, Memo, Tasks - and it will pick the last view that you used in that screen as the cycle setting.

I'd like to see what your asking for as well and it's been added as a feature request by many of us on the Team.
    Moose Man
    Moose,
    What is the word on the manual for v10? The link on the iambic site is still for v9.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    Moose,
    What is the word on the manual for v10? The link on the iambic site is still for v9.
    Zane
    For lack of a better way to put it - delayed. Early next week.

There is some internal (not public comments) going on about the issue. Suffice it say that I can't say any details because of NDA's but it's not a "happy" issue internally.

I suspect late Monday or early Tuesday but I'm only informed not involved.

I'll be gone starting Saturday for a week - so you'll have to continue to check for yourself.

The good news is that they are working on 10.01 and it should be out hopefully before the manual. Different people are working on the program.

There are 80 fixes already built into 10.01 so it'll solve some dpad issues that popped up on non Treo devices etc, Sony devices etc. Stuff that couldn't be "tested" except by the users after the beta.

Also, I think we'll see a modified time input (more like the old but still with the new as an option) and fix - if promises are kept.
    Moose Man
    Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to the manual. I was playing around with different calendar views, and thought I had lost the month view with icons. I did find it again, but a manual would have saved me much angst.
    Zane
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12