1.    #1  
    I just got a Treo 650 after having the 600. It seems that the 650 battery drains much faster than the 600 did. Is this usual with the 650? Is there any way to get the 650 battery life near what it was with the 600?
    Unless you are running out of battery before the end of the day, you should be fine charing it every night when you go to bed. It has a battery that "likes to be topped off regularly."

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Never had the 600, so I cannot compare. However, there have been some "turbo drain" issues created by corrupted third party settings which keep the Treo pinging at the network, thus draining the battery by 10% an hour with no "usage" going on. (My battery only loses 3-4% overnight on the nightstand.)

I usually get home at night with 60% left (I have the longer life 2200 mAh). If you need more power, try:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=lion

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=lion
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/20/2005 at 12:57 PM.
    I've used Toccer for IM the entire day, including hours of talktime, email checks every 15 min, and some browsing... and I've never come back home with less than 1/3 of the battery remaining.
    I recently got my Treo 650, and noticed that the battery drain was on a par with my old 270. However, I upgraded the Firmware/Software to the latest version last weekend, and since then it's been a rock! I unplugged it from the overnight charge this morning, and 8 hours later it's still showing 93%!!! Of course, this could be a bug, too! (Hope not!)
    Cingular Treo 650 - Firmware 1.31 - Software 1.15-CNG - Hardware A
    I can go a couple of days with moderate usage, but I always charge it at night anyhow.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    So, quite recently, my Treo has started burning through its battery MUCH faster then before (it is not firmware related, I've been using 1.12 since the day it was released)-- I'll go from a 60% charge at midnight, with the radio turned OFF, to a dead stick first thing in the AM!! I'm guessing that it is a problem with the battery itself, but I'd like to check. Any software out there that monitors battery usage and performance, perhaps giving some info on big power-pigs?
    Hi mc2714!

Most battery 'turbo drain' issues stem from a corruption in a third party software installation. My second link in my post above will give you an idea how a to 'clean' your Treo. I'm posting from my Treo so I cannot give you more links, but there have been several threads on battery drain.

Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    So, quite recently, my Treo has started burning through its battery MUCH faster then before (it is not firmware related, I've been using 1.12 since the day it was released)-- I'll go from a 60% charge at midnight, with the radio turned OFF, to a dead stick first thing in the AM!! I'm guessing that it is a problem with the battery itself, but I'd like to check. Any software out there that monitors battery usage and performance, perhaps giving some info on big power-pigs?
    My suggestion is to leave your radio ON at night. There have been several with issues that somehow seems to be related to the radio being turned off. We have had three in our company ask me about the drainage. The only other app on their device besides what came on it is Sprint Business Connect. The only thing we have come up with is that maybe it is looking for a data connection. I have asked on individual to change his preferences to check manually instead of push. I have not heard from him in awhile so I don't know if he tried that. I doubt he has turned the radion off. All these devices have 1.12 installed.
    Thanks for the suggestions- I'm reasonably sure its not a naughty 3rd party app, since this is a new issue and I haven't installed anything lately- I will look at some old threads, though.

(the drain is not just when the radio is off btw, that was meant to be illustrative on how bad trhe problem was...)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    Thanks for the suggestions- I'm reasonably sure its not a naughty 3rd party app, since this is a new issue and I haven't installed anything lately- I will look at some old threads, though.

(the drain is not just when the radio is off btw, that was meant to be illustrative on how bad trhe problem was...)
    Okay... The drain issues we have seen in our company appear to be only when the radio is off. Doesn't seem to make sense. Mine seems to do just fine and I'm the one with nearly 100 apps installed, including a custom ROM. You would think I would have the problem and not a naked Treo.