1.    #1  
    Members,

I have a problem and hope you all can help me solve this issue with my 5 day old Treo. When I am finished using the Treo ie. making a call, looking up a contact etc. I hit the red hangup/power button to shut off the screen. The problem is when I want to turn the screen back on by hitting the power button it is unresponsive. Sometimes it will come right on the first time I touch it, other times it takes 5-10 tries. It seems to happen more if I just turned it to standby and then want it back on. Is this Treo defective or what? I have turned off and on the keyguard option in Prefs with no improvement. Here are the apps I have installed, I appreciate any help you all could give me. Thanks!-A.T.

Chatter
    MobiTV
    VeriChat
    Dir Assist
    Express
    KeyCaps
    Nexus
    Obfuscate
    Snapper
    TreoAlarm
    TreoAlert
    VolumeCare
    Wassuo
    ZLauncher
    This is a well documented problem that there is no fix for.
    I'm back!
  3.    #3  
    I follow the Treo community pretty frequently and have not heard of this. Could you please paste some links to the discussion. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I can't point you to anything but I can confirm I have the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by atwardiv
    I follow the Treo community pretty frequently and have not heard of this. Could you please paste some links to the discussion. Thanks!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=power+button

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=power+button

(found by doing a search for "power button" and then scrolling thru the presented titles. . . . .)

(I think it comes down to the 650's memory set up. The only time I have a non response from hitting the red phone for on, is when I just hit it for off. I believe the Treo is doing some memory management in the background for a moment after shut down and is unresponsive at that point. If more than 3 seconds has passed since hitting off -- the problem does not occur for me. As well, if I do get the "non-response" just one more gentle push gets the response.)

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/20/2005 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atwardiv
    Stick around here long enough and you'll hear it all. Perry posted 2 of several discussions that have taken place on this topic. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $no$ $solution$, $and$ $it$ $is$ $completely$ $independent$ $on$ $any$ $3rd$ $party$ $apps$ $you$ $may$ $have$ $installed$.
    I'm back!
    Funny. I just today experienced this problem for the first time, and thought it was a fluke. Well, as long as everybody has it...

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    yep.... same here.