1.    #1  
    I know that a hard reset will erase everything. However, the only thing I want to delete are all the records in my contact list. Is this possible without deleting hundreds of records one by one?
    I take it you don't want to delete them from Outlook or palm desktop. You could backup your contacts in Outlook to a .pst file. Delete all of them, sync and it should delete them from your Treo. Then restore to Outlook from the backup.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for that quick reply. Your are correct, I do not want to delete these records from my desktop. I just purchased a Treo 650. My wife is going to take my old 600. I need all the files intact on my desktop so I can load up the new 650. However, my wife wants to start a new set of records on the 600 so I want to clean out everything that is there now but leave everything else on the phone intact.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    What about "Desktop Overwrites Handheld" in the Hotsync options for the Calendar?
  5.    #5  
    I just figured out how to do this.

1 - Hot synch the new 650 and verify everything transfered
    2 - Do a hard reset on the 600 deleting everything
    3 - Hot synch the 600 but uncheck the contact list on the desktop

I will find out if this works when my new 650 arrives tomorrow.
    DO NOT SYNC YOUR NEW 650 directly to your old 600 userid. You will create a brick.

Follow the upgrade instructions on the Palm web site or some of the methods listed here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...418#post769418

Cheers, Perry.