1.    #1  
    I've been reading the forums quite a bit and have somehow missed this info. I'm sure it's out there somewhere. I just installed Z Launcher and have begun the journey of trying to figure it out. First thing I noticed is that I can only seem to use the 5 way nav with the main program icons, but can't access any of the other features such as the top or bottom bars with it. Does Z Launcher require the use of the stylus?

I used to use Launcher III with my old Kyocera 6035 and have missed its simplicity. I was hoping to be able to get some of that back with the added functionality of managing memory better with ZL.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Is there a solid tutorial out there for using ZL specifically with the Treo 650? That would really help.
    I'm pretty sure that's right. I put some buttons in the bottom bar I use once in a while (like access to preferences, soft reset, file manager etc) in the bottom bar and use my thumbnail to click on them. The rest of the icons I have in the top or bottom bar I user are just for info only (like battery meter, signal strength indicator, available memory etc.)

Make sure to check out the Quick Launch feature so you can assign Quick launch to a hard button to quickly switch apps while in another app without going back to "Home".
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    yeah, this is one I can't figure out about Zlauncher.....poor 5-way support. I got frustrated having all those cool icons in the top and bottom bar and having to use the stylus.
    I personally find the top and bottom bars a waste of space, especially if you're using the REALLY BIG bottom section.. So personally I never use them, although I have informative stuff in them, signal, battery, memory free, etc..

It would really take away from the launcher navigation to be able to navigate into the top and bottom bars.. Think about all the pushes to get across both.
    interesting....never even noticed that. I use the top and bottom bars mostly for info. Pressing the menu button just to the right of the 5-way gets me to most of the other features and 5way navigates the menus so no problems there.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Make sure to check out the Quick Launch feature so you can assign Quick launch to a hard button to quickly switch apps while in another app without going back to "Home".
    This is a great feature. I'm just now trying the QuickLaunch Anywhere suboption for the first time after months of having ZL - this is super convenient. Thanks for the reminder!
    I recognize the allure of free but ...

Download 'Resco Explorer' for trial.

I costs money, but once you've seen it you'll be willing to pay. If not, you can always delete it and not register.

have fun,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for your responses. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. Didn't get notified for some reason. Love the Quicklaunch feature!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergolad
    Thanks for your responses. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. Didn't get notified for some reason. Love the Quicklaunch feature!!!!
    I've been using it NONstop ever setting it up - I still can't get over its convenience.