Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been a Palm user for years, and all of a sudden I cannot sync to Outlook. I can connect to other 3rd-party apps (Docs to Go, Vindigo, etc.), but I consistently receive "OLERR, - Not Synchronized, Outlook Calendar synchronization failed" errors regarding all Outlook conduits (see below for sample log).

I went to the "custom.." tool for HotSync and checked to see what's going on. I tried to change, for example, "Calendar "Outlook" settings, but once I clicked on "Settings...", I received an error message: "This version of Outlook is not supported by the Outlook Conduit applicaion. Supported Outlook versions are Outlook 98, 2000, XP (2002) and 2003." I've been using XP (2002) for 6 months without issue.

The only thing I can think might be the problem is that 2003 was pre-installed on my system. I never activated it, so I've only been using 2002. When I installed the new Microsoft auto-updater which integrates Office and Windows updates, it forced all my Office docs into 2003, which I couldn't open. This required me to uninstall 2003 and "repair" 2002, which may have confused my conduits.

I can't find anything on any website (and I've been working on this for hours) that seems to help me. Yes, I've reinstalled Office, reinstalled Palm, switched to sync with Palm Desktop then back to Outlook, installed the new conduit updater, installed the new Palm Desktop and tried everything on http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(31167),ts=Palm_External2001. Any other suggestions?

Please? HELP!

Sample error log:
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:0B-0004
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
    OLERR:0D-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:0C-000B (0x0)
    OLERR:0C-0002 (0x0)
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x80004005)
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Notes synchronization failed
    First you might try to launch Outlook from the Run command using the following: outlook.exe /resetfolders

If that does not work use a program like FileZ and delete the database files for each of these on your Treo. Before you sync, set Hotsync to "desktop overwrites handheld", or something like that. I have had to do that a few times with my contacts and calendar.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the suggestions.

I tried the outlook.exe /resetfolders command earlier (and again just now) with no luck.

Regarding the deletion of database files via FileZ, do you know which database files should be deleted? I'm not clear how doing this on the Palm with improve conduits on the PC.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I fixed this problem two ways.

One used the repair tool for outlook and then I installed pocket mirror.

good luck
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    I just bought my 650 today, and have been banging my head on the wall all day with the exact same problem. I have tried everything on the support page at Palm. I have been able to fix the recurring events by giving them an end date, but I cannot get any appointments that have a time to sync. All day appointments sync fine, but I have nothing showing up on the Treo for daytime. Anyone able to help? I have searched here and HoFo as well as at Palm, and think I am slowly going nuts!
    there's an updater for the treo 650 on the palm website; the treo 650 doesn't use pocket mirror conduits; instead, it uses dedicated conduits to outlook. after installing this update, i haven't had problems syncing to outlook
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFan2003
    there's an updater for the treo 650 on the palm website; the treo 650 doesn't use pocket mirror conduits; instead, it uses dedicated conduits to outlook. after installing this update, i haven't had problems syncing to outlook
    I still installed the Pocket Mirror and it solved my problem, 650 can use Pocket Mirror
    I already had downloaded the updater, problem persist. I have gone through Outlook and given an end date to EVERY recurring item (which took a little while..). They don't show up as problems now, but my appointments (any event with a time) still don't sync!! The log just says

OLERR:03-0010
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

Let me tell you, I am getting tired of that OLERR!! Any suggestions? Anyone else ever have this happen only with timed appointments?
    Make a calendar folder in your private area then move all your Outlook calendar items to this new private folder. Now move them back a chunk at a time -- maybe 50 items each time.

After I did this, my OLERR errors went away.

Switching your calendars to the category view makes it easier to drag-and-drop the items from one calendar folder to the other.
  10.    #10  
    I did the same thing. Still didn't help. Acht!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Have you tried Pocket Mirror? I know I mentioned it before but it worked wonders for me
  12.    #12  
    From what I can tell, the current version of the Treo 650 software doesn't use Pocket Mirror, it uses Outlook Conduits. Do you know if you can add Pocket Mirror to the software without having to purchase it from Chapura?
    Quote Originally Posted by adman4
    I did the same thing. Still didn't help. Acht!
    Further to my suggestion about moving all your appointments to a temp calendar and then moving them back...

Once all of the appointments are out of your Outlook, delete the calendar file on your Palm... I think it is "CalendarDB-PDat". Now hotsync. This should work -- there's no appointments in your Outlook and none on your Palm. Next, move the first batch of appointments back into Outlook -- something like 20-50 items. Hotsync again. This one should work, too. Move another block of 20-50, hotsync, etc, until all of your appointments are back in your public Outlook calendar.

This is what I did and it worked for me, when several previous techniques failed.

Good luck...
    That is basically what I had to do as well. With the assistance of Palm phone support last night, I was finally able to get a successful sync. I created a temp calendar in Outlook, and then batch-moved items over. Now my only issue is to make that the real calendar again, as reminders will not work from the other calendar.

I cannot believe how much time I have spent on this!!!
    The error 0B-0004 is an Outlook problem with an interface it exposes. Go to the help menu and select Detect and Repair.... and that will solve it.
    that was one of the earlier things I had tried . . . no luck. I am solved now though, but it seemed as if nothing less would do it!!
    How did you "solve"?
    Charliec
  18.    #18  
    I did the ultimate work-around: I purchased Chapura. $20 and it fixed this seemingly unsolvable problem in 5 minutes.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adman4
    I did the ultimate work-around: I purchased Chapura. $20 and it fixed this seemingly unsolvable problem in 5 minutes.
    Success! I am telling you guys, Chapura/Pocket Mirror is the way to go.

Plus it syncs faster in my opinion
    Okay - let's say I get Chapura/Pocket Mirror, what should I do to disable Wireless Sync before installing Chapura? Anything special other than deleting the Wireless Sync apps from the desktop?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast