Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hi guys! Posted this in another thread, but no reply... So I thought I'd post here as well. Any suggestions?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    1. Install dbScan 1.9c (attached)
    2. Launch it and choose "Neither"
    3. From the menu, choose Options/"Remove All Deleted Records"
    4. Do this for both the PalmSource and PalmOne databases
    5. Change the action of the desktop Calendar conduit to "Handheld overwrites desktop"
    6. Hotsync

Argh... Sadly, I seem to be one of the few for whom this procedure doesn't work. I followed the above steps PRECISELY about 5 or 6 times, and every time, the Calendar doesn't sync at all (i.e. it's BLANK in Outlook) and my HotSync Log looks like this:

HotSync operation started for Freaky Flow 1 on 04/28/06 19:46:59

OK Quick Install
    OK Adobe Reader
    OK Media
    OK Documents To Go
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-0060
    OLERR:03-0005
    OLERR:0D-0016
    OLERR:0D-000C
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - HH overwrite Desktop Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\Palm\Flow\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Palm\Flow\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up LauncherX Database to C:\Program Files\Palm\Flow\Backup\LauncherX_Database.PDB
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 04/28/06 19:47:36

Advice? This is really crippling... Thanks so much!
    Well... Solved my problem! Posted it in the "sticky" thread about a similar topic:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...080#post966080

Steve
    Help!

I have a Treo 650, installed the hotsync software to my IBM laptop and can sync 'til the cows come home with NO PocketMirror installed. Just using the regular software. Wonderful. I also checked the "Enable synchronisation to multiple PCs" box in the Outlook conduits settings.

My problem is that I've installed the SAME software on my new Toshiba laptop which won't sync at all with my 650. I click on "Custom" on the hotsync menu and there are 4 extra choices to sync and I get the "this version of outlook is not supported by the outlook conduit application" message.

I have installed outlook 2000 on both machines using the same software disc.

What gives? Anyone have an answer? IBM has XP Pro, Toshiba has XP Home. Tried it on another XP Home PC with the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by stratcat
    Help!

I have a Treo 650, installed the hotsync software to my IBM laptop and can sync 'til the cows come home with NO PocketMirror installed. Just using the regular software. Wonderful. I also checked the "Enable synchronisation to multiple PCs" box in the Outlook conduits settings.

My problem is that I've installed the SAME software on my new Toshiba laptop which won't sync at all with my 650. I click on "Custom" on the hotsync menu and there are 4 extra choices to sync and I get the "this version of outlook is not supported by the outlook conduit application" message.

I have installed outlook 2000 on both machines using the same software disc.

What gives? Anyone have an answer? IBM has XP Pro, Toshiba has XP Home. Tried it on another XP Home PC with the same problem.
    I have WIN XP PRO and you can read my error messages, so it doesn't appear to be the operating system.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adman4
    I've been a Palm user for years, and all of a sudden I cannot sync to Outlook. I can connect to other 3rd-party apps (Docs to Go, Vindigo, etc.), but I consistently receive "OLERR, - Not Synchronized, Outlook Calendar synchronization failed" errors regarding all Outlook conduits (see below for sample log).

I went to the "custom.." tool for HotSync and checked to see what's going on. I tried to change, for example, "Calendar "Outlook" settings, but once I clicked on "Settings...", I received an error message: "This version of Outlook is not supported by the Outlook Conduit applicaion. Supported Outlook versions are Outlook 98, 2000, XP (2002) and 2003." I've been using XP (2002) for 6 months without issue.

The only thing I can think might be the problem is that 2003 was pre-installed on my system. I never activated it, so I've only been using 2002. When I installed the new Microsoft auto-updater which integrates Office and Windows updates, it forced all my Office docs into 2003, which I couldn't open. This required me to uninstall 2003 and "repair" 2002, which may have confused my conduits.

I can't find anything on any website (and I've been working on this for hours) that seems to help me. Yes, I've reinstalled Office, reinstalled Palm, switched to sync with Palm Desktop then back to Outlook, installed the new conduit updater, installed the new Palm Desktop and tried everything on http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(31167),ts=Palm_External2001. Any other suggestions?

Please? HELP!

Sample error log:
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:0B-0004
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
    OLERR:0D-0003
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:0C-000B (0x0)
    OLERR:0C-0002 (0x0)
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x80004005)
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Notes synchronization failed
    I had the same problem, but only with regard to the calendar. I had a multi-day appointment in Outlook that did not have the subject field filled in. Normally, a sync will result in multi day appointments being broken up into individual days. Somehow, having this multi-day appointment with no subject line was breaking the entire calendar sync.

After I added a subject line entry to the multi day appointment in Outlook, the subsequent sync worked fine (and the appointment was broken into individual days like it usually is).
    I still have yet to resolve my problem either, as stated above...
    try starting outlook with the command line

outlook /resetfolders

Explained in http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Done that too... Nothing...
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    Done that too... Nothing...
    dBscan?
    Uninstall Palm desktop, uninstall outlook
    Reinstall Outlook followed by Palm Desktop.

Just fishing for ideas .. maybe that will result in the conduit re-discovering Outlook and it's settings.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    dBscan?
    Yes, I downloaded that too and followed the instructions given in another thread. No change. I can sync notes, calendar, etc. everthing except Contacts. Contacts is the only thing I am having a perpetual problem with...
    I will try dBscan again since it's been a few months and follow up here with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Uninstall Palm desktop, uninstall outlook
    Reinstall Outlook followed by Palm Desktop.

Just fishing for ideas .. maybe that will result in the conduit re-discovering Outlook and it's settings.

Yes, I tried this too, but I will give it a try again since it has been a few months since I have pursued this issue, since as everyone is aware of, these types of problems suck up a lot of time and research to remedy.
    When you delete Outlook, you may need to clear the Registry of past email profiles. These are at
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Becareful when editing Registry and backup any keys you delete...

I found this at
    http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Followup:
    Downloaded the newer version of dBscan v1.9c instead of my original version 1.3.
    dBscan Results:
    "database appears OK" for current. I have no history database, so no scan needed there.
    test Datebook - records with dirty flags set: 0
    test ToDo - records with dirty flags set: 0
    test Calendar - records with dirty flags set: 0
    test Tasks - records with dirty flags set: 0

Hotsync after all was done; Same continuous error as mentioned throughout this thread...

-- Outlook Contacts XT
    Error: 0x8000ffff Adaptor failed to convert from device. <0x8000ffff> Error: 0x8000dfff An error occurred while converting a Handheld record.
    Outlook Contacts XT - Recovery Sync New Base Folder New User synchronization failed

Always, any help is much appreciated...
    Use dbScan in a different way.

Whe starting it up, select "Neither". Then do a Menu-Options-Remove All Deleted Records
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM

Whe starting it up, select "Neither". Then do a Menu-Options-Remove All Deleted Records
    Still an error in Contacts (Contacts XT). This is the error after the hotsync now;

-- Outlook Contacts XT
    Error: 0x00001022 An unexpected exception occurred. COM Error: Code = 8000600b Code meaning = Unknown error 0x8000600B Source = PalmOneConduitAdaptor.Application.1 Description = 0x8000600b - An invalid Phone Index was specified. Valid Phone Indices are in the range 0 to 6 (both inclusive). Error: 0x00001022 Error converting following record to remote format: , , Pinnacle Financial Engineers, Outlook Contacts XT - Recovery Sync New Base Folder New User synchronization failed

When performed as you recommended, these were the results;

ToDoDB, Records removed: 0
    MemoDB, Records removed: 0
    AddreddDB, Records removed: 47
    Looks like something is corrupted in the Contacts database.

I haven't read this whole thread .. so forgive me if you have tried all this before.

How about 1. deleting the palm database on the Treo (and renaming the one in the Backup folder on the PC) and
    2. Creating a new Contacts folder in Outlook (after copying the contents of the current Contacts folder in Outlook to a new temporary Contacts sub-folder).

Basically, you are starting fresh with a clean Contacts database on both Treo and Outlook.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    When performed as you recommended, these were the results;

ToDoDB, Records removed: 0
    MemoDB, Records removed: 0
    AddreddDB, Records removed: 47
    Ooooh! Does it work now?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Looks like something is corrupted in the Contacts database.

I haven't read this whole thread .. so forgive me if you have tried all this before.

How about 1. deleting the palm database on the Treo (and renaming the one in the Backup folder on the PC) and
    2. Creating a new Contacts folder in Outlook (after copying the contents of the current Contacts folder in Outlook to a new temporary Contacts sub-folder).

Basically, you are starting fresh with a clean Contacts database on both Treo and Outlook.
    I think you might be right. There appears to be something corrupt on the Contacts file itself, that may cause a conduit to not working properly, among a whole host of other problems that go along with that.

I followed your instructions and I believe that may have corrected the problem.
    Hotsync Results:
    OK Outlook Contacts XT - Recovery Sync New Base Folder New User

My Palm Contacts DB is worlds different from my PC DB since it's been so long since they have synced properly. I have everthing backed up and will have to restore the corrupted file and handtype all of the new Contact entries with their Notes individually back into the PC and then repeat the same steps you gave and that should resolve it hopefully. If there is any other way to re-enter about a 1000 contacts with their 'lengthy' info let me know.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast