Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Now in Outlook do you have two "sticky notes" under the Pocket Mirror folder, one with each user name? I'd say there is only one based upon the error message.

If so, add a second note with the user name of the second device and see if that fixes it.

Also, I'm not certain but it looks as if you have the Standard version and not the pro version so if that's true you won't be able to sync to subfolders.

And one more thing to check - is their only one mail profile for your Outlook? You can check this through the Mail Settings in Control Panel and be certain that your using only one profile. You can have one profile with mulitple email accounts within it but PM will look for only one mail profile.

If you have two, which is easily possible, then you'll need to move emails to the other profile and delete your wife's profile. You can still setup her email under your profile. You'll just have multiple inboxes.
    You were correct I had only the one sticky note. I did add another sticky note as suggested then performed a hot sync. No difference, still exact same error message as before. I have only one email account in my outlook so that should not be a problem. I do have just the 'Standard' XT version of the PocketMirror. The sub folders are not real important at this time, just trying to remedy this continuing problem is, as is why I got the recommended Standard XT version.
    Go into Pocket Mirror and add the profile for the second user. I can't get to my laptop at the moment that has the settings on it that I can double check but you'll need to add that other user via Pocket Mirror.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Go into Pocket Mirror and add the profile for the second user. I can't get to my laptop at the moment that has the settings on it that I can double check but you'll need to add that other user via Pocket Mirror.
    Have you tried deleting the "Sticky Note" with your profile name? That is what I did before and then closed Outlook and restarted Outlook from the Start/Run menu with the following: outlook.exe /reset folders.
    The profile "sticky note" get automatically rebuilt.
    OK... Did that. Hot synced using the 'new' profile name. Same error message as before, again. Deleted the new profile name that I had just created using the PocketMirror. Hot synced using original profile name. Again same error...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Have you tried deleting the "Sticky Note" with your profile name? That is what I did before and then closed Outlook and restarted Outlook from the Start/Run menu with the following: outlook.exe /reset folders.
    The profile "sticky note" get automatically rebuilt.
    I deleted the sticky note with my profile name. (no sticky notes left in the folder now) Closed outlook resterted by doing as mentioned 'start' 'run' (typing) outlook.exe /reset folders. Received this error when typing exactly as recommeded 'Microsoft Outlook Error Box comes up'
    "cannot start Microsoft outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using." I then typed "outlook /resetfolders" with space after outlook and it opened Outlook fine. No "sticky note" in folder at this time, hot synced then it re-appeared in the correct PocketMirror folder. I hot synced again. Still getting the same error when I view log.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    I deleted the sticky note with my profile name. (no sticky notes left in the folder now) Closed outlook resterted by doing as mentioned 'start' 'run' (typing) outlook.exe /reset folders. Received this error when typing exactly as recommeded 'Microsoft Outlook Error Box comes up'
    "cannot start Microsoft outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using." I then typed "outlook /resetfolders" with space after outlook and it opened Outlook fine. No "sticky note" in folder at this time, hot synced then it re-appeared in the correct PocketMirror folder. I hot synced again. Still getting the same error when I view log.
    You may have said this earlier, but who is your phone carrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    You may have said this earlier, but who is your phone carrier?
    I don't think that I had mentioned it before but my carrier is Sprint. I could see that the carrier 'could' possibly be a factor if I have always had this problem, but until I had reformatted my computer and reloaded, I NEVER had a hot sync issue EVER. I have not been able to relocate the exact Outlook Conduits that I had originally loaded. I am not sure whether the conduits would even work with the v1.12 Sprint upgrade, the upgrade to v1.08 was not a factor for the conduits I had used. The conduits I used are somewhere here in Treocentral but there are thousands of threads related to this problem and have found them yet.
    Same problem here. I tried deleting the db's with filez but no luck. Finally, in desperation I removed ProfileCare, ScheduleCare, and SCHotKeyApp (just in case they were involved) but there's really nothing pointing at these apps... and the problems on all the data bases listed in the original note above still did not resolve. Naturally I had already followed the instructions in the PalmOne KB article down to running Office (2003) Detect and Repair.

What finally fixed (seems to have) the problem was doing a hard reset on the T650 and just resynching. Earlier I did have to fix some recurring appointments (birthdays) with no end date. I set those to end in 2099. This synch changed all of those to end in 2031.

Funny thing, I had just said to someone tonight that I was really looking forward to losing PalmOS next year. This kind of nonsense is one of the reasons. Of course I don't expect the new platform to be stable right away, but I'm really tired of (cleaning up after) the same bugs I saw in Palm 8 years ago that haven't been fixed yet. And, for those new mothers and fathers out there I guess someone will have the 2031 problem instead of the Y2K bug :=)) See below. I mean, aren't life expectancies increasing? :=))

Outlook Calendar
    Outlook record Mike Smith's Birthday contains date year as 2099 Handheld doesn't support date greater than year 2031 . Outlook record's date year has been converted into year 2031 to suit the handheld date pattern.

Outlook record Doug's Yahrzeit (2 Nisan 5760) contains date year as 2099 Handheld doesn't support date greater than year 2031 . Outlook record's date year has been converted into year 2031 to suit the handheld date pattern.

Incidentally, I think DanG's suspicion about the 0B-0004 is probably correct. I did have some application that had a menu on the Outlook toolbar and though I had removed the application awhile ago, I removed it from the Outlook toolbar recently, between synchs, and that's when this problem began. I just wish detect and repair had fixed it. Maybe it would have if I'd restarted...

Rob
    Last edited by robcohen; 12/07/2005 at 02:05 PM.
    I'm pretty sure I found the answer to the Office issue in this Kbase article at Microsoft today. I discovered it when I was having trouble with the Activex control that handles organizing clipart. I received this message:
    Clipart cannot complete the operation.

Interface not registered. Error code 0x80040155.
    And the Kbase article is:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;889885

In my case, the first solution suggested by the Kbase article worked:
    Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 ole32.dll in the Open box, and then click OK

The second solution is, ahem... reinstall Windows.
    [QUOTE=JetJockeyJ]I have followed the above instructions leter by letter. I have located the "Sticky Note" containing my Hot Sync User Name which is the only sticky note there. I previously was looking for a folder named "sticky note". It wasn't clear to me, but I got it now. I did a Hot Sync as mentioned while "offline". Still got an error. I appreciate all of your continuing support...

I had the same problem with my T5 - I also did not find a sticky note of any sort but I did find a blank address entry in my contacts. When I deleted this entry, the error was gone! You may want to check for this.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=ackj]
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    I have followed the above instructions leter by letter. I have located the "Sticky Note" containing my Hot Sync User Name which is the only sticky note there. I previously was looking for a folder named "sticky note". It wasn't clear to me, but I got it now. I did a Hot Sync as mentioned while "offline". Still got an error. I appreciate all of your continuing support...

I had the same problem with my T5 - I also did not find a sticky note of any sort but I did find a blank address entry in my contacts. When I deleted this entry, the error was gone! You may want to check for this.

Did you try Pocket Mirror? Try it.
    Does Pocket Mirror XT fully support the new Outlook fields like Meeting location, meeting attendes and meeting organizer?

Their doucumentation (from their web site) still says that they will add the location in parenthesis and add a word to the title of the meeting so that we can avoid editing the item on the handheld.

These are short term solutions until Chapura fully supports the synchronization of these previously undocumented data in the "Blob" for each record.

PalmOne's Calendar can handle the "Blobs", as can some new software like 2day. The only problem is that, as far as I know, PalmOne Outlook conduit is buggy (it loses the indoemation when the item is edited on the Treo) and Chapura has not added the support for this in their conduit as of a few months ago.

So, to all Chapura users: Has Chapura updated their PM XT product? If not, please write to them and tell them to !!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    On My treo, it does add the meeting location in parenthesis, but when I look at the details of the meeting on my treo it allows me to see all the attendees.

If that answers your question, then yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    On My treo, it does add the meeting location in parenthesis, but when I look at the details of the meeting on my treo it allows me to see all the attendees.

If that answers your question, then yes.
    Please edit one of these meetings, preferably one initiated by someone else in your office, on the treo. Change the text or something. Delete an attendee. Sync back to the PC.

Open the item in Outlook. Is the attendee list still OK? Does it reflect your changes? Is the meeting organizer still the original meeting organizer (or has that been changed to you!)?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Please edit one of these meetings, preferably one initiated by someone else in your office, on the treo. Change the text or something. Delete an attendee. Sync back to the PC.

Open the item in Outlook. Is the attendee list still OK? Does it reflect your changes? Is the meeting organizer still the original meeting organizer (or has that been changed to you!)?
    I will try it out and return and report.
    Well?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Did you try Pocket Mirror? Try it.
    Yes I've installed it gotten pretty familiar with it but STILL getting that error...!!

-- Outlook Contacts XTError: 0x8000ffff Adaptor failed to convert from device. <0x8000ffff> Error: 0x8000dfff An error occurred while converting a Handheld record.
    Outlook Contacts XT - Recovery Sync New Base Folder New User synchronization failed

Conduit 'Outlook Contacts XT' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    I fixed this problem two ways.

One used the repair tool for outlook and then I installed pocket mirror.

good luck
    Using the Detect and Repair option under the Help menu in Outlook 2003 resolved this issue for me as well. I was also able to continue using the Outlook conduits. I was getting the same synchronization failed errors and the "this version of Outlook is not supported" message even though I was running a supported version of Outlook.

XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2
    Palm Treo 650 v4.1.4 OS
    Have Done all of the the following and still have the same dreaded error as I had posted above.
    1. Purchased, Installed and set up Pocket Mirror XT...
    2. Looked for 'blank' or any other entries that 'may' be out of the ordinary...
    3. Ran 'Detect and Repair' several times without any problems...
    4. Installed the correct Outlook Conduits...

Still no resolution to the error yet...
    I'm the latest person with the same error messages. I hate Microsoft. It's time I moved on to Apple or something.
    Tony
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast