Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Hmm.. Good Question, I don't use Wireless Sync so I will have to invite others to come in with a solution.
    I too am also having the same problem. While I admire that there is a 3rd party tool that will seemingly fix this, I am frustrated that the software and hardware I already purchased isn't doing what it did two weeks ago.

Does this happen to anyone else who is having these problems? Open up the hotsync customization and edit one of the Outlook conduits (memos, calendar, contacts, or tasks). Hit the "Settings..." button. When I do this, I get an error message "This version of Outlook is not supported by the Outlook Conduit application. Supported Outlook versions are Outlook 98, 2000, XP (2002), and 2003."

The problem is that I AM running Outlook 2003. The only thing I can think of is that I (like many people) installed the Service Pack 2 to my Office 2003 last week when it was released (Microsoft Update automatically did this for me but many people also downloaded it manually).

Is this something in common for all the people who are suddenly having this problem? Why is SP2 showing up as a new version of Outlook?
    I just noticed this at my work computer using XP Pro/and Outlook 2003 with the Palm conduits. Did Outlook do anything recently to change something through an update? It seems many more people are having this error all of a sudden.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    Okay - let's say I get Chapura/Pocket Mirror, what should I do to disable Wireless Sync before installing Chapura? Anything special other than deleting the Wireless Sync apps from the desktop?
    I ended up simply deleting Wireless Sync entirely (from PC and Treo),
    not getting Chapura/Pocket Mirror and have been fine since.
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    I ended up simply deleting Wireless Sync entirely (from PC and Treo),
    not getting Chapura/Pocket Mirror and have been fine since.
    How did you remove Wireless Sync from the Treo? Mine is in ROM.
    Thanks,
    Jimbo
    Quote Originally Posted by adman4
    Thank you for the suggestions.

I tried the outlook.exe /resetfolders command earlier (and again just now) with no luck.

Regarding the deletion of database files via FileZ, do you know which database files should be deleted? I'm not clear how doing this on the Palm with improve conduits on the PC.
    you may try to download the PALM OUTLOOK CONDUIT PATCH on the palm website..you may find it at www.palm.com/us/support/...choose treo 650 with your wireless carrier..and then once you are in the main webpage on the treo 650 support, then scroll below you can see a download link..and there you find the software, install it..then change sync settings to desktop overwrites the handheld for contacts, task, memos, and calendar...if still got OLERR errors..then run detect and repair on your outlook..
    I have had this on two different devices in the last 3 days. One Cingular and the other Sprint. I tried deleting CalendarDb, updating the conduit, reset folders, and detect and repair. I'm sad to say that I finally resorted to getting PocketMirror XT Standard on both and it took care of the problem. I hate the idea of having to purchase a 3rd party syncing solution, but, it does solve the problem and it does seem to be a little faster in syncing.
    I had the same problem and found the answer on another site. Before spending any money...it seems the problem is Outlook, not Palm. Try a Detect and Repair before spending hours troubleshoting, reinstalling, etc...like I did...
    Quote Originally Posted by edpowell
    I had the same problem and found the answer on another site. Before spending any money...it seems the problem is Outlook, not Palm. Try a Detect and Repair before spending hours troubleshoting, reinstalling, etc...like I did...
    That methods does work. But, the problems still seems to come back. Once PocketMirror was installed, the problem has not come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    That methods does work. But, the problems still seems to come back. Once PocketMirror was installed, the problem has not come back.
    Well... I took the advise finally after all of those "OLERR" errors and purchased the Chapura PocketMirror Standard XT for Treo 650 as suggested. I still get an error. Below is a copy of the error. Any further guidence or help would be much appreciated;

OK Quick Install
    PocketMirror® 3.1.10.0 XT
    OK Outlook Calendar XT
    -- Outlook Contacts XT

Error: 0x8000ffff Adaptor failed to convert from device. <0x8000ffff>
    Outlook Contacts XT - Handheld overwrites Outlook synchronization failed

Conduit 'Outlook Contacts XT' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    Well... I took the advise finally after all of those "OLERR" errors and purchased the Chapura PocketMirror Standard XT for Treo 650 as suggested. I still get an error. Below is a copy of the error. Any further guidence or help would be much appreciated;

OK Quick Install
    OK Outlook Calendar XT
    -- Outlook Contacts XT

Error: 0x8000ffff Adaptor failed to convert from device. <0x8000ffff>
    Outlook Contacts XT - Handheld overwrites Outlook synchronization failed

Have you ever had PocketMirror installed on the computer before, maybe and earlier Palm? I have seen this error before. I think we simply deleted the profile "sticky note" item in Outlook and did another sync and if fixed it.
    Have you ever had PocketMirror installed on the computer before, maybe and earlier Palm? I have seen this error before. I think we simply deleted the profile "sticky note" item in Outlook and did another sync and if fixed it.
    I have had no previous version of the PocketMirror installed. I recently reformatted my main computer that it syncs with and had meticulously reloaded everthing. I have never had a single Hotsync problem until the reformat. I did not reload those original Outlook Conduits because I could not find the link anymore. I don’t have the “Sticky Note” profile in outlook, just “Notes” under “Personal Folders” which is part of Outlook itself. What should I try next?
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    I have had no previous version of the PocketMirror installed. I recently reformatted my main computer that it syncs with and had meticulously reloaded everthing. I have never had a single Hotsync problem until the reformat. I did not reload those original Outlook Conduits because I could not find the link anymore. I don’t have the “Sticky Note” profile in outlook, just “Notes” under “Personal Folders” which is part of Outlook itself. What should I try next?
    If you have PocketMirror installed, there should be profile "sticky note" looking item in the folders view of Outlook. I am not at my office computer right now. I will look in the morning and see exactly where the profile is located. I looked back at some data and we did delete the profile in Outlook and did another sync and it fixed the problem you described. Plus, it has never returned. It has been around 3 months.
    If you have PocketMirror installed, there should be profile "sticky note" looking item in the folders view of Outlook. I am not at my office computer right now. I will look in the morning and see exactly where the profile is located. I looked back at some data and we did delete the profile in Outlook and did another sync and it fixed the problem you described. Plus, it has never returned. It has been around 3 months.
    Let me know the location of the "sticky note" file as you had mentioned. I have not been able to find it yet. I have not solved this 'error' problem yet either...
    Last edited by JetJockeyJ; 12/02/2005 at 03:31 PM.
    Enable Folders View in Outlook. While in Outlook hit Alt + F1. On the left hand side you'll see a task bar with Folders listed at the top and a listing of all of your folders starting with Mailbox, then calendar etc. Immediately below the "Outbox" should be a folder called PocketMirror. If not, reload Pocket Mirror from the installation download.

Click on it and in the right hand side should be a sticky note (memo) that has your user name. If not, create one that has your user name spelled exactly as it is in the Hot Sync User name.

Exit Outlook and then reload it...and hot sync. Also, you might want to try syncing to Outlook in Offline mode.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Enable Folders View in Outlook. While in Outlook hit Alt + F1. On the left hand side you'll see a task bar with Folders listed at the top and a listing of all of your folders starting with Mailbox, then calendar etc. Immediately below the "Outbox" should be a folder called PocketMirror. If not, reload Pocket Mirror from the installation download.

Click on it and in the right hand side should be a sticky note (memo) that has your user name. If not, create one that has your user name spelled exactly as it is in the Hot Sync User name.

Exit Outlook and then reload it...and hot sync. Also, you might want to try syncing to Outlook in Offline mode.
    Thanks, I was suppose to post that the other day.
    Well we've been walking over each other in the other sync threads - not hijacking - just working together towards the same goal of helping others.

You'd do the same for me.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE

I have followed the above instructions leter by letter. I have located the "Sticky Note" containing my Hot Sync User Name which is the only sticky note there. I previously was looking for a folder named "sticky note". It wasn't clear to me, but I got it now. I did a Hot Sync as mentioned while "offline". Still got an error. I appreciate all of your continuing support...
    OK Quick Install
    OK Outlook Calendar XT
    -- Outlook Contacts XT

Error: 0x8000ffff Adaptor failed to convert from device. <0x8000ffff> Error: 0x8000dfff An error occurred while converting a Handheld record.
    Outlook Contacts XT - Recovery Sync Force Recovery Sync Setting Set New Base Folder New User synchronization failed

OK Outlook Tasks XT
    OK Outlook Notes XT
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    Also... After every hot sync the Treo 650 performs a soft reset on its own too. Not sure whether this could somehow be interrelated or not.
    Now in Outlook do you have two "sticky notes" under the Pocket Mirror folder, one with each user name? I'd say there is only one based upon the error message.

If so, add a second note with the user name of the second device and see if that fixes it.

Also, I'm not certain but it looks as if you have the Standard version and not the pro version so if that's true you won't be able to sync to subfolders.

And one more thing to check - is their only one mail profile for your Outlook? You can check this through the Mail Settings in Control Panel and be certain that your using only one profile. You can have one profile with mulitple email accounts within it but PM will look for only one mail profile.

If you have two, which is easily possible, then you'll need to move emails to the other profile and delete your wife's profile. You can still setup her email under your profile. You'll just have multiple inboxes.
    Moose Man
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast