1.    #1  
    I was wondering, since when you're connected to the internet your phone doesn't work.. if I were to get an IM program and used it, I would be connected to the internet 24/7.. so I was wondering, is my phone service still interrupted by the use of AIM, MSN or any other messenger there is? and if it is interrupted, is there a way to bypass it?

p.s I'm finding this $20 for every single messenger out there quite annoying...
    might as well run the messengers on a Windows emulator.. hmm
    This isn't exactly true. Only if you are moving data will your calls go to voicemail. Treos are generally always connected, unless perhaps you're roaming, or you turn the connection off.

So unless you are IMing people every second of every day, you won't miss too many calls.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    ohhh I see..

THanks a lot for such a quick answer, that helps
    No problem. Just remember that being connected isn't a problem. Sending/recieving data (whether an IM or email, or downloading webpages) is the problem.

FWIW, search for chitchat if you want a free MSN program, and for a free Y! alternative, click here, and see if it works.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by KromBoy
    I was wondering, since when you're connected to the internet your phone doesn't work.. if I were to get an IM program and used it, I would be connected to the internet 24/7.. so I was wondering, is my phone service still interrupted by the use of AIM, MSN or any other messenger there is? and if it is interrupted, is there a way to bypass it?

p.s I'm finding this $20 for every single messenger out there quite annoying...
    might as well run the messengers on a Windows emulator.. hmm
    I am using Toccer for AIM on my Treo 650 and it happily runs in the background and does not affect my phone calls. I have had it running for a few days, and while it cuts about 30-40% off the battery life to be constantly shuffling data, no functions are disrupted.

P.S. There is still enough battery to last from 6am till 2am... and still have 25% remaining, even with Toccer on.