1.    #1  
    I've been doing a lot of reading on Bluetooth GPS receivers and mapping software. (This is really good: TomTom vs. Mapopolis - although the version of TomTom reviewed is old). Based this and other info from here and elsewhere, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the LOOKAWAY thing still a big deal? If so, seems like there are really only two know gps receivers that work properly.

2. Is anyone using the GlobalSat BT 338 with the Mapopolis NavCard? This seems like a good combo to me, but experience is better than theory.

3. Finally, is Bluetooth GPS on the 650 really ready for primetime?

Thanks for any thoughts and replies.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    I use Globalsat bt 338 with Mapopolis software and I love it so far. I do not use NavCard. I just download maps from Mapopolis directly to my SD card or Ram. The beauty s that you can even download maps using your blazer browser from mapopolis.com by logging in to your account. The software i snot 100% bug free. You will not be able to reconnect to your BT GPS if you receive a call while navigating. You will have to reset your Treo.
    I do not know what you mean by your question 1 and 3
  3.    #3  
    1. Most GPS receivers auto-disconnect (or at least that used to be the case) unless they implement this feature. The GlobalSat used to be one of two that did this correctly.

3. Things like having to reset if you receive a call while navigating. If I read the issues correctly, it seems that USB Bluetooth works with much fewer issues than GPS.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
  4.    #4  
    After further review - there are some good threads at gpspassion - I have decided to go with the NavCard bundle with the Mobile Crossing unit that Mapopolis is offering. $249 for the bundle seems like a pretty sweet deal.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case