1.    #1  
    It's a great machine.
    Great phone
    Great quality sound for Mp3, like an Ipod.
    Great camera, the queality is soo good for 640X480
    Camera recorder is good for a Phone.
    Video quality is very good.
    Great game machine.
    Great Sound record.
    Great palm for work.

This is the only problem with Treo 650, when you have this, you wants more, but let me think, is possible more?. May be, but not for now. You have the best machine on the market. Sorry if I made a mistake, I am not American.
    It was the best smartphone on the market two weeks ago. It may not be the best smartphone anymore. We'll know shortly.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95809

In either case, Palm better get its act in gear soon, because if the 6700 hasn't passed it, something else will shortly. It's only a matter of time. Innovate or get out of the way.
    I'm back!
  3.    #3  
    I am a palm addict, I don't like Windows pocket, or mobile. Palm is fast, more software, software is cheap, it's easy. I was a customer 3 years ago and migrate for palm. But is just I like it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    It was the best smartphone on the market two weeks ago. It may not be the best smartphone anymore. We'll know shortly.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95809

In either case, Palm better get its act in gear soon, because if the 6700 hasn't passed it, something else will shortly. It's only a matter of time. Innovate or get out of the way.
    The 6700 is a big step forward from the 6600. The next version should be as thin as the current Treo. If the 700 doesn't have any compelling features (overpriced EV-DO is not a compelling feature IMO), there might be a PPC phone in my future.
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi
    I am a palm addict, I don't like Windows pocket, or mobile. Palm is fast, more software, software is cheap, it's easy. I was a customer 3 years ago and migrate for palm. But is just I like it. Thanks.
    If you were a Windows user 3 years ago then you've missed out on a lot of innovation. WM 5 is leaps and bounds better than anything Microsoft had out there 3 years ago. Look again and you will be surprised.

As far as more software for the Palm than the PPC platform, that's simply not true. And as an added benefit, you won't need as many 3rd party solutions on your PPC, most of what you're paying for is already in WM 5 and is worth using.
    I'm back!
    Has WM 5 made an improvement in Word and Excel programs? The Pocket Word in previous versions was pretty much worthless, especially compared to Docs to Go or Quick Office. It had very limited formatting capabilities.
    Great sound quality! How do you figure? It's not true stereo, and it sounds HORRIBLE on any expensive speakers or headphones... iPod is actually state of the art for mp3 quality...
  8.    #8  
    I have both, Ipod and Treo 650 and I don't see the difference, also with Ptunes, I think is better the Treo than Ipod. Sorry if your Treo is not good, but is only my opinion, I don't want to bother nobody with this. I respect your opinion but is not my case. I know perfect the difference with mono and stereo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Has WM 5 made an improvement in Word and Excel programs? The Pocket Word in previous versions was pretty much worthless, especially compared to Docs to Go or Quick Office. It had very limited formatting capabilities.
    I'm interested in knowing this as well.

[edit] Found this in a post on pdaPhoneHome:

Office programs

The office programs are better. They open native files, which is great for email attachments, and they now don't hurt the formating. Also, a PowerPoint reader has been added. This can save you as much as 50 dollars per program to replace the native programs.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Great sound quality! How do you figure? It's not true stereo, and it sounds HORRIBLE on any expensive speakers or headphones... iPod is actually state of the art for mp3 quality...
    Careful. Sound quality (and the iPod's reputation of being "state of the art") is very subjective. Besides, who plays compressed audio with expensive headphones or speakers? That's just asking for trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I'm interested in knowing this as well.

[edit] Found this in a post on pdaPhoneHome:

Office programs

The office programs are better. They open native files, which is great for email attachments, and they now don't hurt the formating. Also, a PowerPoint reader has been added. This can save you as much as 50 dollars per program to replace the native programs.
    Thanks, I may have to give it a try. (Just for grins) If I do try, I feel I will return to Palm. I always have.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Shadowmite, as much as I respect your programming ability, I'm taking you to task on this one. The iCrack (uh, iPod) is only ok. It's much better than the Treo, but state of the art for sound quality? Hardly.

-TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
  13.    #13  
    Hi, when you buy a Mercedes, you do not change the radio, you do not change the seats, you do not change nothing. Why if you buy a good Treo and has a good company like Palm, you have to change the parts?.

I use only original accesories for my Treo and I choose my apps with great developers, only what I need, not garbage. Off course garbage for me is not garbage for you, but you have to research with carefull your apps. Compatibility is the answer. Treo is a good machine is not a toy.