1.    #1  
    I'm new to the Treo world coming from a normal sanyo flip phone and love the Treo.

But I can't hear well on it. I've got the volume cranked up and it's still very quiet when people talk. The speakerphone is the same way, hard to hear.

It seems that it fluctuates. Sometimes its loud enough and other times not. I don't have the greatest hearing the world but I know it's the phone more than it is me.

I was looking at software and saw the VolumeCare program and thought I might try that. Does increasing the volume outside of what the treo offer cause potential issue / damage?

Thanks,
    Will
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willy_t
    I'm new to the Treo world coming from a normal sanyo flip phone and love the Treo.

But I can't hear well on it. I've got the volume cranked up and it's still very quiet when people talk. The speakerphone is the same way, hard to hear.

It seems that it fluctuates. Sometimes its loud enough and other times not. I don't have the greatest hearing the world but I know it's the phone more than it is me.

I was looking at software and saw the VolumeCare program and thought I might try that. Does increasing the volume outside of what the treo offer cause potential issue / damage?

Thanks,
    Will
    Try this link.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=volumecare

You may want to type in your keyword into the search function before you post a new thread for a question.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Welcome!

VolumeCare (VC) is essential if your Treo is typical, as it seems it is, and suffers from low volume. VC is safe once you use it as directed. It also has potentially excessive volume warnings and a "safe volume graph" for aiding your selection of the proper settings. A simple rule is to simply set the volume and boost generally low or midway, and only increase it after some experience. Good luck and enjoy your Treo!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    volumecare is a great product from an A+ developer. buy it!
    And if you see that doesn't work. Go back and have them replace your treo. I'm currently having mine replaced for a bad mic issue.