1.    #1  
    I am a student, therefore I have not reached the "I am important enough to wear my phone on my belt" stage. So, the treo has to go in my pocket but I want maximuim protection (against drops) with minimuim size. The silicon case seems nice, but I have read its rough sitting in your pocket. The metal ones seem ok, but are they practical? Is there a leather case out there that gives the treo great protection, does not cover the screen or keyboard, and does not have a knob sticking out for a belt clip?
    Vaja T65.

Lots of theads on cases, by the way.
  3.    #3  
    nice case, but A 100 BUCKS FOR A CASE? The thing is made out of plastic!
    If you want protection from drops, there can be no other:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-23--176.htm

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by manoosie
    Is there a leather case out there that gives the treo great protection, does not cover the screen or keyboard, and does not have a knob sticking out for a belt clip?
    Technically you could take the Krusel, cut out the plastic covering the keyboard and then not attach the belt clip 'knob'. You can get them for 10-15 bucks on ebay.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    If you want protection from drops, there can be no other:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-23--176.htm

Yea I know about the otter box, but its not exactly pocket friendly...
    Listen. You asked for a leather case that gives good protection, does not cover the screen or keyboard, and does not have a clip. The Vaja T65 is exactly that. You didn't specify a price. And by the way, the Vaja is leather, not plastic. As I said before, there are a lot of threads and articles about cases. Might help to take a look at them and also the TreoCentral store.
    Do you really think a student wants to pay an extra $50, so he can pick out his own custom colors? The Vaja T65 is an ego centric item. You get to pick your colors and it is like the case is being made specifically for you, and the quality is good, but unless price is not an object, it makes zero sense .

The newly redesigned Treokitz handles the job requested quite well, for less than 50% of the Vaja T65.
    The newly redesigned Treokitz handles the job requested quite well, for less than 50% of the Vaja T65
    Yeah, the Treokitz looks decent. Basically a copy of the Vaja. There was the question about the fit but supposedly they have improved that. It would be the "low cost" option and has pretty good reviews.
    innopocket-I have dropped my Treo on cement and crashed into walls. It may be a little cumbersome but I would have no other.