Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have a charge/hotsync cable, and that sort of thing used to work fine with my old Treo 180. Apparenlty the 650 sucks more juice from the USB port, and my Dell laptop soon reports "power surge on usb port." This is more than annoying, it keeps me from being able to hotsync. The non-charging cable that came with my treo must have a bad pin, since the computer doesn't even notice it. BTW, if I have recently FULLY charged it, I can often get it to hotsync alright, since it doesn't draw as much power.

Here's my ideal solution: is there some way to tell the treo NOT to charge when it senses power? Can it just pretend it's full, so I can hotsync?
    I don't know of any way to do what you suggest. But if you use the hotsync cord that came with the Treo, it will connect and let you sync without charging.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I can't use that cord. That's the problem. Plus, I'd really love to only carry one cord.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Yeah, Dell made a horrible USB controller in some of their laptops. I have a D600 at work and I had to get a powered USB hub for my Treo and external HD.

Joe