1.    #1  
    Is there a way to get detailed information on what caused a reset? I can get basic information by typing ##377 (Sprint Treo 650), but all it shows is:

--------------------
    9/6/05 @ 8:08 am
    Versamail: MemoryMgr.c, Line 2818, MemMove to NULL
    ------------
    9/13/05 @ 9:26 am
    Phone: AceSystemInterfaceLayer.cpp, Line: 458, Invalid Audio Profile
    --------------------
    9/14/05 @ 6:07 am
    Phone: FatalException
    --------------------
    9/18.95 @ 2:18 pm
    Applications: MemoryMgr.c, Line:3771, Free Handle
    ---------------------

Also, does anyone know how to submit this type of information to Palm so they can fix the bugs?

TIA,

Rocketdue
    Hi RocketDude!

It has been my experience that most reset causing glitches on the Treo are caused by a problem with a 3rd party piece of software or it's installation or from a corrupt data base entry. (Or from having upgrading to the 650 by directly syncing to a prior userid.)

If you wish to create a "clean" Treo, you could follow the instructions I posted here in post #2:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95960

(If you upgraded directly from a prior userid -- that is another scenario.)

Search for "dbscan" threads, if you feel you may have a corrupt entry.

Cheers, Perry
    I haven't tried it, but you can download a demo version of CrashPro to see if it logs anymore info. My guess would be that it only tracks the same info and that may be all that Palm reports via it's error handling.

http://www.79bmedia.de/content/view/17/50/
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity are you running Butler? If so what version?

Thanks,
    Larry
    Yes, I am running Butler, v3.0, and having a sh*tload of problems. My T650 on VZW has been quite unstable lately, so over the weekend I went ahead with the 1.03 Rom update. Things went pretty smooth and then after playing with Butler, more aggro this morning. I turned it on, after Treo Guard starts the radio, and bamm, another reset loop and all my apps went into unregistered mode, lost all my preferences and tonight I will do another hard reset and start over. Between Butler, Treo Guard and BackupMan, I don't know who to blame. I am so aggravated with this and the total lack of stability. I have been using Palm's since the original Pilot and have had several Treo's and consider myself a power user. Do you recommend a zero-out hard reset? I was thinking of trying that tonight before restroing all again. Thanks.... would love some feedback.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Jef NYC,

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I was speaking to the person who started the thread, RocketDude, specificaly regarding the "MemMove to NULL" error. I am trying to narrow down if this is only happening to Butler users or if it is more widespread.

Are you getting any of these errors?

Also, there are plenty of threads regarding what to do if your treo is going haywire. I assume you know this judging by your post count. Yes, a hard reset and install the newest apps...
    Download and use CrashPro it works great and tells you what program caused your treo or palm to crash or reset. It also has a few other nice features. It is shareware, but the free trial is fully functional as far as I can tell so you can determine if it's what you want before buying.

Get it here:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=50677
  8. tmt
    CrashPro may be gret but just remember that the application fingered by these logs is not always the guilty party. For one thing, background notifications can sometimes be charged to the foreground app, even though they invoke code that's not part of it. For another, some apps manage to mess up data structures that cause errors later, long after that app exited.

PalmOS, for all its lightweight advantages, is a bit fragile when confronted with misbehaved apps. The Treo itself is just as guilty of this as they are, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDude
    ------------
    9/13/05 @ 9:26 am
    Phone: AceSystemInterfaceLayer.cpp, Line: 458, Invalid Audio Profile
    --------------------
    I believe this error is caused by VeriChat. See here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...+audio+profile
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!