1.    #1  
    Here's a thought for the Bluetooth headset makers. I used to have an add-on for an old Ericsson phone that provided a vibrate ringer.

It was a belt clip that when it received a cellular signal would start to vibrate. The signal wasn't specific to my phone, any nearby signal would cause it to vibrate, the logic was that typically only my phone was close enough to cause it to vibrate.

What if the headset makers added this to their product. The cellular signal would cause the headset to wake up and start to connect to the phone, shaving quite a bit of time of the process. If the call wasn't for your phone, the headset and the phone just wouldn't connect since the phone wouldn't have actually received a call.

The beltclip was pretty small, and I'm sure most of it was the battery rather than the cellular radio.

What do people think, would this work?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I think it would be really annoying at a baseball game or large convention. But it's a good idea.
    Treo 650 (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by themirage
    I think it would be really annoying at a baseball game or large convention. But it's a good idea.
    If you think it would be annoying because you'd get a lot of false positives, I don't think you would. I didn't seem too with the old beltclip, I think it was because the reciever was so weak that it could only pick up a cellular signal within a few feet of it.

The other thing is that it should be transparent to you, my idea would be for the headset to start the process of connecting to the phone on recieving the signal instead of waiting for the phone to recieve the call and start connecting to the headset. You wouldn't even realize that it was happening. The only real concern I believe would be one of battery life.