1.    #1  
    I have many of my business docs scanned into my desktop and saved as pdf files. it would obviuously be usefull to be able to access these on my treo. I have downladed picsel viewer and zlauncher which both seemto function but i can't get a pd onto my card to try and read it. i get an error message saying there is no support for that application or something like that. What am I missing? I havent heard of just getting the pdf onto the treo being a problem and I ahve searched to try and find an answer, any help appreciated.
    The fastest and easiest way is to use a card reader to transfer the files. They are very inexpensive and come in handy in various circumstances.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have used a card reader to put all my pdf's on my card except those I have downloaded or emailed to myself.

Have you tried to do that?
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Where can I download card reader guys?
    Are you using the Adobe Reader for Palm OS? The pdf files have to be processed by this software before they can be opened by the Treo.

Click on Preferences in the Adobe Reader and you will see that there is an option to transfer the files to the card.

You transfer the files when you hotsync. If you transfer a pdf file directly to your SD card, you will not be able to open it on your Treo.
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 09/19/2005 at 09:49 AM.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfred44
    Where can I download card reader guys?
    You can't download it - it is hardware. Here is the one I use from Amazon for $9: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7.    #7  
    I will try and e-mail my self and see what happens. I have a card reader on my all in one so I will try that too. I'll report back.
  8.    #8  
    I am able to see the scanned docs but they are to fuzzy to read. the native pdf's work great. Is there any way to increase the resolution of my scanned items?
  9.    #9  
    I tried turning up the dpi on the scanner but somehow I cant see those at all just a blank pagge on picsel but open fine on the computer. So I have been able to see scanned images but they are fuzzy. native pdf is great. just have to figure out how to mnake scanned images more crisp. Any other ideas?
    The easiest way to get them on the Treo is w/ Hotsync. Just click on 'copy to handheld' while viewing a PDF and the next time you sync it'll move to your Treo. I have my preferences set to copy new PDFs to the card, because they're usually kinda big.

Dunc
  11.    #11  
    well I can get them on the treo alright but something is still wierd. I can see previous pdf files I scanned in at 300 dpi but when I go to 600 mor 400 dpi I dont see them.just get a blank page. I'll try less dpi on my scan settings but that seems far fetched.
    why would I be able to view previously scabnned files saved as pdf's but not fresh ones?
    the 300 dpi ones are viewable but too fuzzy to read. I'll keep messing around and get it eventually I hope. but if anyone has suggestions please fire away.
    I suggest using the Adobe Palm reader to do the conversion. It should look much better. Also, I scan all of my docs onto my desktop at 200x200 (black and white) and the quality is very good.
    T. Baker:

I'm not understanding you at all. Do you have a scanner set to scan to a pdf file? Are you sure it is not a jpg file? If you copy a pdf file to your SD card, you will not be able to view it on the Treo. At least without some serious hacking.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I use the adobe reader to convert scanned pdfs they come through very clear and porportioned to the treo screen, everything else I use the picsel browser.

Good Luck
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    T. Baker:

I'm not understanding you at all. Do you have a scanner set to scan to a pdf file? Are you sure it is not a jpg file? If you copy a pdf file to your SD card, you will not be able to view it on the Treo. At least without some serious hacking.
    I use paperport on my scanner which allow items to be saved as a pdf file.
    this si nice as most anyone can read them if I need to send to someone in an email. I have quite a number of these that were scanned to a pdf and am able to open them with pecsel but they are too fuzzy to be much good. Guess I will try adobe reader as it is not so important to me to view most pdf's immediately but more to view and be able to check the documents I create and archive.
    I looked back, and you did say you were using picsel. Makes a lot more sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Are you using the Adobe Reader for Palm OS? The pdf files have to be processed by this software before they can be opened by the Treo.
    Even with Adobe Reader for Palm OS (v3.05) installed, my T650 crashes every time I try to open a pdf file . It downloads, tells me "successfully downloaded" then asks if I want to 'open' or 'save' and no matter which I choose....CRASH! What am I doing wrong??
  18.    #18  
    I tried the adobe reader but it doesnt like my scanned images either. I can barely make them out if I do a zoom but hardly worth the trouble. Maybe it wilol be better with docs to go when they strat to support pdf.. I think the problem is my scans aren't "native" pdf's. they are converted from paperport scanned images. nopt sure what to do at this point as I can easily view them on my pc but like this the idea of keeping my current office files on the treo is not really going to work.
    You could change them from pds to doc files and view them in Word on the Treo. Or, if you wanted to preserve exact formatting, you could save them as Tiffs and view them in Acid Image Pro (expensive at $50, but works well).