Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I was a long time Palm fanatic who went over to the dark side about 6 months ago and got a Pocket PC. However, wanting to not carry around a phone and pda, I am back to Palm with a new treo 650.

I do have a couple of questions...

1) Even though I have it set to power off after 3 minutes, it never seems to do that. If I am in camera, its not even 30 sec and if I am in MegaLauncher it is maybe a minute. I can't seem to get it to stay on. I want to say most apps it closes in under 1 min.

2) In the event that it closes while I am in a contact, I can not find a way to turn it back on and be in the same spot I was, as i was able to with my previouis palms. I have to hit the phone button, or calander, or messages. Is there a way to turn it back on, kind of like hitting a power button.

Thats it for now... Thanks for any help.

-John
    Not sure why it would be turning off after a minute when the OS pref is set to 3...this could be third party app related.

However as far as when the phone turns off, if you want to turn it back on and be in the same place as when it turned off...instead of hitting the "talk (green phone)" button, hit the "end call (red phone)" button.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tut00

1) Even though I have it set to power off after 3 minutes, it never seems to do that. If I am in camera, its not even 30 sec and if I am in MegaLauncher it is maybe a minute. I can't seem to get it to stay on. I want to say most apps it closes in under 1 min.
    If you have a Cingular Treo with the latest update, this is a well known bug that surfaced with the latest update and the feature that turns your screen off after 30 seconds while on a call. This bug ignores your power off setting and turns the screen off after 30 seconds regardless of what your preference is set to.

StopDim should solve the problem (www.gotreosoftware.com)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    That would explain it. I have cingular