1.    #1  
    Don't laugh (yet)!

Norton Anti Virus for Palm.

Am I the only one with this (which includes live update that works fine on my 650!).

Looking at the AV definitions... there are only four listed (and in the details it says they are all rare).

Too bloody rare.... Symantec must be laughing all the way to the bank... to have the cheek to sell this!!!!
    I think someone is in cahoots with the virus companies.
    I agree!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Odds are (at this point in time) you are more likely to contract Hanta virus, than a virus on your Palm.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Did you *really* pay for that? You poor sucker.

Maybe in the future this will become a problem but so far it's certainly not.. Definately not worth something like that sitting in ram all the time.
    Only one I remember wasn't really a virus, but a fake gameboy emulator that erased information from the palm. I think the creator/company that made the emulator actually realeased it in the wild to slow down the sharing of their wares. It's probably one of the 4 listed. I wonder what the performance hit is for that AV application to monitor for 4 applications is
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Did you *really* pay for that? You poor sucker.

Maybe in the future this will become a problem but so far it's certainly not.. Definately not worth something like that sitting in ram all the time.
    Cmoooon.... do you really expect me to pay for a piece of crap like that? I knew it was sucker-ware.... so I just got an "evaluation" copy from the net!!!
    -----------------------
    palmOne Treo 650 GSM 01.31 / 1.13
    The NAV for the Palm OS from Symantec was out about 5 years ago. Yeah, I bought it then and kept using it for a year until they stopped supporting it. (Only had 3 definitions back then.)

So, they have brought it back, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetrooper
    I knew it was sucker-ware.... so I just got an "evaluation" copy from the net!!!
    If you know it was sucker-ware why did you even bother downloading it?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Does it guard against this? It was targeted at symbian phones, but I wonder if there already one for other os's.

http://news.com.com/F-Secure+Commwar...3-5845021.html
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    If you know it was sucker-ware why did you even bother downloading it?
    Coz I was curious to see how bad it really was

And believe me... I wasn't disappointed!
    -----------------------
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Does it guard against this? It was targeted at symbian phones, but I wonder if there already one for other os's.

http://news.com.com/F-Secure+Commwar...3-5845021.html
    with virus defs 9/7/05 (the latest) it guards against:

Palm.Liberty.A (Trojan)
    Palm.Phage.A (Virus)
    Palm.Vapor.A (Trojan)
    Palm.MTXII.A (Trojan)
    -----------------------
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i hope norton dont hogg palm memory like they do to desktops
    I don't know about cellphone viruses but I can tell you that I received this virus infected email that would not have gone through my laptop, but did so through my web client, which I also received with my treo 650. I use Chatter and it kept giving me this error saying that the message had to many senders and my treo didn't stop crashing until I deleted the message from the web client's server. I don't know if this will work but I am trying this:http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...67096&R=167096.