Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Nope my FastMail account isn't full...I just got the $39.99 deal a few days ago. When I sent my self a test-email from Chatter to FastMail it came through Chatter in a few moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Nope my FastMail account isn't full...I just got the $39.99 deal a few days ago. When I sent my self a test-email from Chatter to FastMail it came through Chatter in a few moments.
    That's right, we talked about that earlier (yikes it's been a long day!)

So the problem is either gMail not sending out, or fastmail not receiving.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    This happened to me last week and it was GMail's fault. Gmail wasn't forwarding my messages to Fastmail. GMail is still Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    This happened to me last week and it was GMail's fault. Gmail wasn't forwarding my messages to Fastmail.
    That's what I'm thinking.

Why don't you try forwarding gMail to your Yahoo account? See if that goes through.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's what I'm thinking.

Why don't you try forwarding gMail to your Yahoo account? See if that goes through.
    I bet it doesn't work. I have two free Fastmail accounts and the one tied to my domain E-mail account was forwarding correctly to Fastmail. Gmail was definitely the culprit. It stopped forwarding messages for a couple of hours and then forwarded them all in a batch that evening. I don't think GMail is a good solution if message forwarding to Fastmail is critical to you or your business.
    Last edited by aldamon; 09/26/2005 at 09:42 PM.
  6.    #66  
    Speak of the devil...Problem solved!

Just as I was about to forward my Gmails to my Yahoo account, there was an error message on my Gmail account under "settings" stating that Gmail's forwarding feature was having trouble. Loh and behold, there was a red underlined "try again" click me icon right below that message. I clicked it, then went to my Yahoo account and sent a test e-mail to Gmail. Finally, that test message (delievered by Yahoo) got forwaded to FastMail, then Chatter got it. Yahoo! (Pun intended.)

Not a huge issue, but all my earlier messages did not get forwarded to Chatter the past few days. The more I think about it, it logically makes sense, though a pain in the **** that may be.

***aldamon: My Gmail and FastMail combo is used soley for my personal purposes. Once I get a job that demands real-time e-mail solutions, I'll most likely use Good Technology.

I'll wait on upgrading to Chatter 1.1 tomorrow. I've got other stuff to do now that demands my attention.
  7.    #67  
    Great...I think Gmail is acting up again. Anybody else?
  8.    #68  
    Ah, back online. This time it was FastMail. Grrr!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234