Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My forwarded emails have been trickling in, one by one for the past five minutes now...

Yep, looks like it's time for everyone.net.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2.    #42  
    Insertion,

Were you still on FastMail's free service or did you pay on one of the payment plans? I just paid $39.95/year just a few days ago. Now I feel shortchanged!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Insertion,

Were you still on FastMail's free service or did you pay on one of the payment plans? I just paid $39.95/year just a few days ago. Now I feel shortchanged!!
    Free service. However this morning was the last straw. I will commend fastmail, they did send me an email early Sunday morning telling me of the server maintanence they had scheduled for that day. But todays problem was too much. Seems to be a weekly occcurance.

I very nearly went for the $40 plan like you did, but I've decided to go with everyone.net now. I'll lose out on storage, but from what I hear, they are very reliable.

Hope I didn't just rain on your parade.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    All of this could be avoided by GMAIL offering IMAP. Dang it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    All of this could be avoided by GMAIL offering IMAP. Dang it.
    Do you ever log into gmail on your PC, and see that "New Features" link ? Only to be disappointed there's never a mention of IMAP.

6.    #46  
    Insertion,

Nah...you didn't rain on my parade. Someone had to be the guinnea pig, so I guess that was me and a few others who forked over the 2 Jeffersons ($40). I'm gonna ride out Fastmail for the next 24 hours. If they don't deliver, I'm going to ask for my money back. I doubt I'll get it though. Heck, 'Fastmail' the name is really just false adverising now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Do you ever log into gmail on your PC, and see that "New Features" link ? Only to be disappointed there's never a mention of IMAP.
    Yes, have you checked out the mobile phone feature? I think I saw it on the first page when I had to log in. It looked like you had to create a new account so I didnt proceed.

Speaking of IMAP, I thought it was cheaper and easier to implement...why then does gmail only offer POP?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Yes, have you checked out the mobile phone feature? I think I saw it on the first page when I had to log in. It looked like you had to create a new account so I didnt proceed.
    Thats an invite. They'll sms a code to your cell phone. It's been up for a few weeks. I actually did it, and created a "giveaway" account. You know, for sending out invites to forum users.

It really has nothing to do with mobile phones, other than the SMS they send.

9.    #49  
    Using Chatter, I sent myself a test e-mail to my Fastmail account. Result: I get the message in Chatter. So why I can't Fastmail still get my forwaded e-mails through my Gmail account?
    Using Chatter, I sent myself a test e-mail to my Fastmail account. Result: I get the message in Chatter. So why I can't Fastmail still get my forwaded e-mails through my Gmail account?
    I just sent a message to my gmail box. It went through to fm and on to my Treo.

Seems to be working here

Does it matter which domain your using? I have a 'imap.cc' account. It has been working for the last couple of days.

Does it matter which domain your using? I have a 'imap.cc' account. It has been working for the last couple of days.
    Perhaps. fastmail.fm here.

13.    #53  
    Okay. I've double checked both my Gmail and Chatter settings. Everything is looking good. But still no e-mail. Just to be sure, though, I used my Yahoo account and sent myself an e-mail to my gmail account.

Result: I did NOT get an e-mail via Chatter, but it did end up going to my Gmail account. It did not show up on Fastmail. So obvioiusly, the problem is FastMail. I'm thinking of doing a synch and a hard reset and a synch again, but I have a feeling that's not going to work either.

Fastmail never got back to me either. I'm fed up.
    NOOOO!!!!! Don't hard reset!

Anyway, I just sent another email, and it went through.
    Same scenario as you, Yahoo to gMail, forward to fm. Came over in about 10 seconds.

This isn't something to hard reset over. It's probably they're server. Maybe you can shut down Chatter and restart it. Do you have an email client on your PC set to fastmail?

edit: whooops, just saw you said you DID NOT get it in your fastmail account at all.

15.    #55  
    Insertion,

Did NOT do a hard reset! Here's a few more ideas:

Plan A: Synch my Treo 650. Write down my Chatter's registration passcode. Uninstall my current version of Chatter (v. 1.06) using my Palm's 'Uninstall ' app. Go back to my Palm's back-up folder and reinsstall/re-synch all my Chatter .prc files and hope for the best.

Plan B: Synch my T650. Write down the Chatter passcode. Write down the configured settings from Chatter. Uninstall Chatter (v 1.06) using my Palm's Uninstall app. Go to Chatteremail.com and download the stable version of Chatter (v1.1). Synch that version to my T650. Reinstall reg. passcode and settings and hope for the best.

In theory, since all the e-mails are stored on FastMail's servers, I shouldn't lose any of my previous e-mails--which is how this thread got started in the first place! (physically deleted my e-mails from FastMail Website.)

###
    Yes, definitely get the upgrade.

And your mail will stored on fastmails server, until you delete...actually, until you Expunge on the treo, or delete on fastmails site.

So, I'm confused, are your messages getting forwarded to fastmail?

17.    #57  
    Insertion,

Nope...all my e-mails go to Gmail...no automatic forwading to FastMail (unless I manually forward my e-mails from Gmail to Fastmail) which defeats the purpose).
    Insertion,

Nope...all my e-mails go to Gmail...no automatic forwading to FastMail (unless I manually forward my e-mails from Gmail to Fastmail) which defeats the purpose).
    Okay, I was getting confused there...well, there is absolutely no reason to hard reset, unless you have masochistic tendancies.

Do you have another account you can forward to fastmail, just as a test?

Your account (fastmail) isn't full is it?

20.    #60  
    I just have a Yahoo e-mail account. I'll have to do some research on my end to figure out the settings and all that stuff.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast