Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm personally appalled at the thought of paying annual fees for email. I paid a one-time fee for a Fastmail member account because it was the only/only reliable one-time fee IMAP game in town over a year ago. Now, my 56MB of storage seems like a joke compared to what everyone else offers. I too cannot wait for Gmail / Yahoo free IMAP access, but it'll still be a pain to transfer all my accounts over to those accounts.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I too cannot wait for Gmail / Yahoo free IMAP access
    Has this been confirmed?
    There are a couple of ways to get what you want --

24.95 for an address at Chatteremail.com and 2 750 MB upgrades -- gets you 1.75G for $74.80 -- you do not need to do the upgrades on size till you need them.

or for 84.80 You can get your own domain and 1 of the 5 accounts would have 1.5 GB

Hope this helps.

Josh.
    You should host you own mail at your own domain -- and never have to change address again. Then you can work with the host that offers you the best service.

Free does cost something -- in ads or marketing -- even the guys at Google and Yahoo have to eat :-)
    Also, I don't think it's wrong to expect to pay a recurring fee for continuing service; obviously, there are ongoing costs involved in providing that service.

Marc
    I also agree that the best thing is to have your own domain that follows you whereever you decide to host it. I am moving from fastmail now, and it's somewhat painful because I was using fastmail.fm and imap.cc addresses rather than using chatteremail.com.

Marc
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I use Go Daddy for hosting and unfortunately they do not offer IMAP anymore Additionally, my hosting package comes with up to 100 E-mail accounts with 10MB of space each but they won't give me more than 10MB for one account. 10MB???? LMAO. When the time comes, I'll be switching hosts again.
  8.    #28  
    I just discovered Fusemail via another thread. Below is the price list. Still haven't made up my mind yet regarding which Web-based IMAP server to get:
    http://www.fusemail.com/solutions/co...ail_plans.html
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    I just discovered Fusemail via another thread. Below is the price list. Still haven't made up my mind yet regarding which Web-based IMAP server to get:
    http://www.fusemail.com/solutions/co...ail_plans.html
    Fusemail has some interesting features. I'm trying to decide between everyone.net and fusemail as well.

My fastmail love affair is dying down...and I'm using aim.com more and more in the meantime.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Has this been confirmed?
    I don't know if it has been confirmed...but I think everyone on the gmail/chatter side would pass out when it happens
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    My fastmail love affair is dying down...and I'm using aim.com more and more in the meantime.
    AIM has been acting wierd...Im back to fastmail now.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    AIM has been acting wierd...Im back to fastmail now.
    Well, I guess you get what you pay for...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I just purchased a $20/yr Fusemail acct yesterday...loving it so far, although I find the spam filter to be a little too sensitive at times. Other minor annoyance is that there's isn't a "Not spam" checkbox, just an address book addition feature. So far, so good.
  14.    #34  
    Heh. Good thing I'm a night owl...just got an e-mail notice from Fast Mail...my free Fastmail account was 97% full. My how time flies! In this case I bit the bullet and upgraded to the FastMail $39.95/year 2GB scenario.

Sure, I will probably never reach the 2GB limit this year or next (heaven forbid) but it's nice knowing I have all that space. (I can always downgrade next year.) Crazy thought: what if I was incapacitated for more than a year and couldn't access my e-mail via my Treo? Stranger things have happened!

Considering all the other options, paying $39.99 year is better than paying $19.99 a month for only 1 GB or less e-mail space. By then, Gmail should have its act together and offer its IMAP service (hopefully for free). Normally, I like to do things right the first time, but since Gmail is still in beta, you can't have everything! Yep, sometimes you have live for today and forget about the future (I'll worry about that later. Hah!)
  15.    #35  
    This is wierd. Ever since late Saturday, I'm still getting my Gmail but it's not showing up via my FastMail/Chatter. Anybody else getting this problem?
  16.    #36  
    Ah. Here's the rub:

http://status.fastmail.fm/?p=519

Outage on all servers at Sun 25-Sep-05 06:30AM East Coast Time

Update: Weíre running about 30 mins late, and are about to take all services down now

Update2: Itís going to run over time (indeed already has) - upgrading the database didnít go as smoothly as expected. Everythingís fine, but the process will be slower. More like 2 hours.

Update3: All the work has been completed now and all services are running and have been checked thoroughly now. Queued email is being delivered and should all be in shortly.

Shortly? It's Monday and I still don't have my e-mail!
  17.    #37  
    Of course, I can't find a phone number for FastMail. Figures.
    I've been running fine last night and today on FM...

Marc
  19.    #39  
    Marc,

Good to know, thanks. I checked all my logins and passwords in my Chatter acount and they're all there. I sent an e-mail to fastmail via their Website about the problem, I'm hoping they'll get back to me soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Marc,

Good to know, thanks. I checked all my logins and passwords in my Chatter acount and they're all there. I sent an e-mail to fastmail via their Website about the problem, I'm hoping they'll get back to me soon.
    FWIW, I just sent test emails. Seems nothing is being forwarded (is that a word?)

If I send directly to my fastmail.fm account, it shows up. But anything sent to gmail or charter, is not being forwarded to my inbox.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast