1.    #1  
    Okay, so I'm not the swiftest or most technologically intelligent but I'm not completely stupid. (only half stupid or at most 2/3!)

I understand (I think) that in order to get my POP3 providor, Optimum Online, to push to my Treo 650 I need to use FastMail and Chatter.

I downloaded Chatter and set up a FastMail account but can't figure out how to get my incoming e-mail (to my Optimum Online account) to automatically get forwarded to my FastMail account. I'm using Outlook Express with my Optimum Online account.

Also, do I need to somehow download FastMail to my Treo or does that just get set up on my desktop?

Step by step instructions would be great. (in other words - Treo 650 push for dummies)

Marc? eKeith? Maximunk? Help!!!
    Well, first of all, fastmail isn't software, so there's no installation involved. (setup of course, like any other email provider, but no installation package.)

I'm not familiar with Optimum, but did visit the site, and see they do have a web-based email client. What you will want to do is log into your Optimum account (via the web, not Outlook) and find a Forwarding option, and forward the email to your fastmail account. If they let you keep a copy on your server, you may want to do that, but it's up to you.

If it doesn't offer forwarding, I suppose you could have fastmail fetch it, but fastmail will only look every few hours, so it won't be instant.

As to fastmail, have you got Chatter setup to recieve yet, or did you need the info for that?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    I haven't set up Chatter but will take a shot at it and ask for help if I can't figure it out. btw - Sorry for calling you Maximunk when your name is Insertion. I just love the Maximunk charachter and his outstanding movie, Planet of the Gladiators.

Thanks very much for taking the time to check out Opt. online and the quick advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg11570
    I haven't set up Chatter but will take a shot at it and ask for help if I can't figure it out. btw - Sorry for calling you Maximunk when your name is Insertion. I just love the Maximunk charachter and his outstanding movie, Planet of the Gladiators.

Thanks very much for taking the time to check out Opt. online and the quick advice!
    Okay. If you need any help setting it up, just ask!

No worries on the Maximunk reference, it is after all right underneath the avatar. Of course your message will make no sense as soon as teh Munk leaps into another avatar. (which will happen sometime in the future.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."