1.    #1  
    I'm having a sound problem with MobiTV that sounds a bit different than those reported during the beta - I'm curious if anyone else has seen it:

I typically listen with the back speakers, but yesterday used the wired headset. Since then, sound hasn't worked for MobiTV, Real, MMPlayer...etc. More importantly, sound won't work for the phone itself. It's not a hardware issue, because I can play midi ringtones.

I tried soft/hard resets, and tried hard resetting and making a call before restoring, to see if a file in backup is responsible - no luck.

I'm currently stuck using the phone exclusively via Bluetooth and the other programs using the wired headset.

Anyone have shared experiences or advice?
    i use mobitv with the headphones and with out on sprint 650 and have not had any sound issues

Fred
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed anything either... I'm also with Sprint
    I have some bad news for you.I am willing to bet your headphone jack is broke.
    The sound is being ported at all times.One trick or two that you can try.
    Do a hard re-set.
    Try turning the game sound on and off 4 times.
    Those headphone adaptors in time kill the Treo jack.
    Bujin,

I didn't have sound on my VZ 650 right after I downloaded MobiTV. I called them and they had me delete a certain file (sorry, I don't remember which one) on my Treo. Did a soft reset and voila - I had sound from the Treo. They discovered, after its release, that his file needs to be deleted in order for the sound to work.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meandean
    I have some bad news for you.I am willing to bet your headphone jack is broke.
    The sound is being ported at all times.One trick or two that you can try.
    Do a hard re-set.
    Try turning the game sound on and off 4 times.
    Those headphone adaptors in time kill the Treo jack.
    That appears to be what it is.... If I physically play with the jack, I can get the sound to work. Thanks - it's off to the Sprint store for a trade-in, I guess.