Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I've used Resco's Locker to lock some of my background programs. I've cleaned out as much as I can. My time has improved, but is still awful compared to others. Can someone help out, and possibly post their speed test result along with what they did to improve their Treo 650 (I'm using the latest Cingular update btw)?

    Time in Tics: 17825
    Time in Seconds: 170
  2. #2  
    Hey...

    Well my speedy Treo 650 is at:
    Tics.......3897
    Seconds...38
    Average available memory....10.7 megs

    I have Sprint with firmware 1.08. I am using Filepoint Pro Launcher by Bachmann Software and Uninstall Manager with Cleanup by Northglide.

    I move everything to the card that does not have a locked file and launch from there and use the Uninstall Manager to completly remove unwanted apps.

    Chuck
  3. #3  
    I use powerrun so most of my apps are on the card, except voulmecare, profilecare, agendus pro, treokeyhack with YAHM, fieldplus, and uinstall (i posted a complete list of installed app in another thread). I have 14+ free MB and my sped is 49 s with 4859 keyklicks.
    Treoing & Loving it
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Ok, I've used Resco's Locker to lock some of my background programs. I've cleaned out as much as I can. My time has improved, but is still awful compared to others. Can someone help out, and possibly post their speed test result along with what they did to improve their Treo 650 (I'm using the latest Cingular update btw)?

    Time in Tics: 17825
    Time in Seconds: 170
    The time culprits are the ones using hede all the time; run "Notif." and tell us what you've got listed under "hede". My time was over a 160 sec with SoundOff, SnapCalc5, ClipPro, McPhling, ShortCut5, Butler, KeyCaps600 and FieldPlus. I dumped SoundOff for RingerSwitch Basic, changed the original Keycaps600 and FieldPlus for Doomsey's hede-reduced versions, jettisoned SnapCalc5, switched my shortcut UI files from my T3 for ShortCut5 and changed McPhling out for Hi-Launcher.

    At that point, only Butler, the new KC600 and FP were using hede and my time was down to 6 secs. I decided that I couldn't live without ClipPro and added it back - I can live with 16 secs.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  5.    #5  
    Under Hede, there is zLauncher and Butler (both are the latest versions).
  6. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Under Hede, there is zLauncher and Butler (both are the latest versions).
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=35

    And in case you missed it, PI has been discussed here for a while:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&page=1&pp=20
  7.    #7  
    I didn't miss it. I read that thread but wanted a fresh thread on help with my specific speed issues. It looks like Bill is getting close to helping me out, but thanks.
  8. #8  
    aldamon's first link is your answer.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  9.    #9  
    Thanks. I read it but didn't read it. lol. I thought he was saying to disable Quicklaunch, something that I'm not willing to do. It's way too valuable.

    I did read the results a bit wrong. It turns out that these are the applications slowing me up: (after I fixed ZLauncher)

    *Butler
    *TreoGuard
    *KB LightsOff
    *Keycaps600
    *TreoSelecText
    Last edited by lawilson2; 09/17/2005 at 11:35 AM. Reason: error
  10. #10  
    Use Doomsy's version of KC600 and use his version of FieldPlus instead of TreoSelecText.

    I don't use TreoGuard or KBLightsOff.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  11. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Thanks. I read it but didn't read it. lol. I thought he was saying to disable Quicklaunch, something that I'm not willing to do. It's way too valuable.

    I did read the results a bit wrong. It turns out that these are the applications slowing me up: (after I fixed ZLauncher)

    *Butler
    *TreoGuard
    *KB LightsOff
    *Keycaps600
    *TreoSelecText
    Turn off AutoMode in KB LightsOff. Butler's hit is unavoidable but minor. I ended up dumping TreoGuard and use RadioControl and RadioState to control my radio instead.
  12. #12  
    fyi, snapcalc5 doesn't use hede if you use the command-bar activation mode.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    fyi, snapcalc5 doesn't use hede if you use the command-bar activation mode.
    Thanks, doomsey, I'd forgotten that. I've added it back as "Command bar only".
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>

Posting Permissions