1.    #1  
    I've followed the instructions on Shadowmite's website and I want to make sure I have understood and done things correctly. If I'm missing something, missed a step, or did something incorrectly, please let me know.

1) I used the T3 class to create an ace-palmos.zip file
    2) I used the Custom Rom Tool to create my ROM
    3) I now have a "CustomRom" folder and inside it is another ace-palmos.zip
    4) I unzip the file (in CustomRom) into a directory
    5) I move all the PRC files into "Palm\Launcer"
    6) I move the other files into a "ROM" folder

Did I do everything correctly? I was confused because my zip file did not already have the Palm\Launcer and ROM directory.

Thank you.
    So far so good. You are correct, you create those folders ROM and Launcher.
    I would LOVE to try this out but other than a 50/50 chance of turning my Treo into a door stop AGAIN!, Is there a way to test this on the emulator/simulator before rolling the dice?
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    I have four different custom roms for my verizon 650, depending on what I am doing I load a different one. These are the steps I follow. I will skip to after you have created the custom rom. You will need a SD card and a SD card reader for this to work.

ON your SD card create two folder Palm/Launcher and ROM.
    Move only one file to the Palm/Launcher folder: RomUpdaterApp.prc
    Next copy all files beginning with ace to the Rom folder. There are 16 files in total to move.
    Insert the card in your phone
    Go to the card and run RomUpdate
    type ace and the updating will begin

Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierce02
    I have four different custom roms for my verizon 650, depending on what I am doing I load a different one. These are the steps I follow. I will skip to after you have created the custom rom. You will need a SD card and a SD card reader for this to work.

Next copy all files beginning with ace to the Rom folder. There are 16 files in total to move.

Good Luck
    Pierce:

1. Are both the Launcher and ROM directories on the Palm directory, or is ROM in the root directory?

2. What type phones/ROMs does this process directory structure work with, CNG, GSM, ? locked unlocked? ???

3. Your:

"Insert the card in your phone
    type ace and the updating will begin"

when you "go to the card"... just what directory are you in when you type "ace"

and

Isn't there a start.prc file that can be put into one of those directories to automarically start the flash when the SD card is inserted, as with unlocked GSM phones, where the start.prc is in the Palm directory?

Other info that I need to know for the "The Dummy's Guide to Creating and Flashing?

Thank you, your post was helpful in getting some of this a bit more clear.

S
  6.    #6  
    I don't have a "RomUpdaterApp.prc" nor do I have any files that start with ace, except ace-palmos.zip.

And yeah, what's this start.prc?

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce02

Good Luck
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spankyoatmeal
    Pierce:

1. Are both the Launcher and ROM directories on the Palm directory, or is ROM in the root directory?

2. What type phones/ROMs does this process directory structure work with, CNG, GSM, ? locked unlocked? ???

3. Your:

"Insert the card in your phone
    type ace and the updating will begin"

when you "go to the card"... just what directory are you in when you type "ace"

and

Isn't there a start.prc file that can be put into one of those directories to automarically start the flash when the SD card is inserted, as with unlocked GSM phones, where the start.prc is in the Palm directory?

Other info that I need to know for the "The Dummy's Guide to Creating and Flashing?

Thank you, your post was helpful in getting some of this a bit more clear.

S

1. The launcher folder is in the palm directory and the Rom is in the Root.
    2. I am using a CDMA phone thats all I know
    3. The card always pops up on the Treo showing the Romupdater file and I select it. I have not used a startup file I just tap the updater.

Go to www.shadowmite.com It helped me a great deal
  8.    #8  
    It looks like I am missing - and needing - the CDMAFirmware app. Does anyone know where I can get this?
    rhpt, are you a cdma user? or gsm? what provider? I believe only GSM roms use a start.prc file...
  10.    #10  
    I use a CDMA phone. When I insert the SD card into the phone, nothing pops up that allows me to start the process.
  11.    #11  
    I found the CDMAFirmwareUpdaterApp_Device from the original ROM install. I copied it to the SD card under the PALM\Launcher and ran it, but after it finished running, my phone still had the "original" ROM. It did not install my custom ROM at all.

What am I doing wrong? Please help Shadowmite!!