View Poll Results: What is your % of free memory on your Treo?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have over 75% (over 17MB) free

6 8.33%
  • I have between 50-75% free

19 26.39%
  • I have between 40-50% free

16 22.22%
  • I have between 30-40% free

12 16.67%
  • I have between 20-30% free

11 15.28%
  • I have between 10-20% free

4 5.56%
  • I have between 5-10% free

4 5.56%
  • I have less than 5% (about 1MB or less) of free space

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering how much free memory other have on their units?
    Out of the 23MB I have about 20% free or 4.9MB. I am using Z-Launcher for file management to get as much as I can on the card.
    Can anyone recommend a better file manager to free up memory?
    Thanks
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    I have 23 MB free. I just did a hard reset in order to test my hardware. If I still have problems with nothing installed, I'm sending this baby back.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    5mb to 6mb Free.

As everyone else moans "Let it die, Perry" have you used the DataViz Tech Tool to free up 4mb of space. . . . ?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Cheers, Perry
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    5mb to 6mb Free.

As everyone else moans "Let it die, Perry" have you used the DataViz Tech Tool to free up 4mb of space. . . .
    Perry,
    I remember reading about that, what was that about again?
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    about 15 give or take, I use powerrun most of my large apps are on the 1gb SD card
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_g
    Perry,
    I remember reading about that, what was that about again?
    I was in the process of editing Post #3 with a link . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/16/2005 at 01:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I usually have around 10MB Free. I use powerrun to keep most apps on my 1GB card. About every two weeks I go down to about 6MB free without adding any apps. I do a full backup with BackupBuddy VFS, hard reset the device and do a full restore. My memory always goes back to around 10MB after doing this.
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
    Please don't encourage Perry about the Docs To Go thing.
    between 7-10 free, though if i ever get this freaking custom ROM to work that should change.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599

LOL
    Always somewhere between 4 and 8 megs free. When I notice it is getting low, I check the Docs to Go Tech Tool, extra faxes sitting in Acid Image Pro, or old apps I forgot to delete.

I have lots loaded and really don't have a space problem since the update.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Well the other day I had 16MB free, then I started recording a video with LIVE! and suddenly I had 0mb free, and the thing kept crashing. What's worse is the live! file was nowhere to be found so I couldn't just delete it. None of my file managers (3xcom, filez, zlauncher) showed files that added up to all my space being taken.

I had to hard reset to get my 16mb back. No biggie though.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    LOL
    Sorry String, but Perry got 8% or about 1.8MB back. Still need to figure why I only have 28% free memory and not the 40% the poll is tracking at.
    Thanks
    -g-

Got FileZ? Freeware file manager:

www.nosleep.net

View files, sort by size . . . . . see who the hogs are. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Wow! Two people (so far) with over 17MB free! Do you guys do anything but make\recieve phone calls with your Treos?

Didn't vote, since I'm always adding\deleting\moving stuff. Currently @ 9.4 free.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have 19MB free

here is my setup
    My 650 Setup

Wow! Two people (so far) with over 17MB free! Do you guys do anything but make\recieve phone calls with your Treos?
    -Insertion
    i have my phone setup to work well for me . plus i got plenty room to try out and add if necessary (without having to delete other functions) I was thinking i had a lot of apps but i guess not (by looking at others free memory)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    16.1 MB free with LauncherX managing my SD Card for me. Lots and lots of applications.
    I have about 14M of free memory. I use powerrun as well as keeping every application that would run from the sd card on the card. Of course, Dataviz Tech Tool for DTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    Well the other day I had 16MB free, then I started recording a video with LIVE! and suddenly I had 0mb free, and the thing kept crashing. What's worse is the live! file was nowhere to be found so I couldn't just delete it. None of my file managers (3xcom, filez, zlauncher) showed files that added up to all my space being taken.

I had to hard reset to get my 16mb back. No biggie though.
    Next time it happens try a warm reset (no startup apps). If that doesn't work, pop out the sd card and reset. Might save you the hard reset hassle. Both have saved me a couple of times as I never have more than 2M free. And that's with every possible app moved to the card (hotsync apps in ram).
    i have 16.5 megs free,i use powerrun for most apps because i have alot of hacks that i use as well,but my memory is never consistent, always moving/copying/deleting stuff as well as insertion(man you must live on the computer w/ 7500+ posts....??) stated earlier.