Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I'm using v1.1RC4. After a reset, Chatter initiates Vision and then I see a gray screen instead of the phone app. Hitting phone will not activate phone. The button appears to be disabled after a reset. I have to tap the Home key first. Could this be related to Chatter initiating Vision immediately after a reset? Would it be possible to add a delay to Chatter so it waits a configurable amount of time after a reset before connecting?
    There should be a delay of about 10 seconds before initiating Vision. I wonder if anyone else is seeing this (it seems fine on my T650/Sprint).

Marc
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    For whatever reason, I think I need longer than 10 seconds. Under System Preferences, I unchecked "Start Chatter at Reset" and my Treo boots fine.

EDIT: I should add, I was mistaken before. On a normal boot, the contents of my SD card are displayed. Not Phone.
    What phone is this?

Marc
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    SprintPCS Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I think I found the problem. I have a hack called "RadioState" installed that checks to see if the radio was off or on before a reset and restores the radio to its previous state. That means in Chatter I have the setting "Turn on Radio at Reset" uncheked because RadioState takes care of the radio. If I turn off RadioState and let Chatter handle the radio, the Treo boots fine. Unfortunately, I have specific reasons for using RadioState.

So, there appears to be a conflict between RadioState doing its job after a reset and Chatter intiating Vision. If Chatter could wait a longer before connecting I think things would run smoothly.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    There should be a delay of about 10 seconds before initiating Vision. I wonder if anyone else is seeing this (it seems fine on my T650/Sprint).

Marc
    So would it be possible to extend the delay or to make the delay a configurable option?
    I'm not going to do it before 1.1, anyway, but I've added it to my list.

Marc