Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm at my wit's end getting a BoxWave that works (screen edges will not stay down, etc) and about to give up on screen protectors entirely.

I usually leave my 650 in my front pocket by itself with nothing more than a screen protector. No coins, pens, keys, etc.

Anyone doing this without a screen protector?

I have a warranty on the phone, but I'd rather not spend the $50 to replace a bad screen.
    I do exactly what you are talking about except that i do use a screen protector. After 3-4 months my protector is somewhat scratched. Now, the screen itself may not scratch as easily, but I wouldnt want to risk it.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  3.    #3  
    I'm the same way, but am giving up on BoxWave.

What screen protector do you use?
    I'm still using the original cut out screen protector that was in the box. Been on there since December. (and had the factory film cover on for about a month before that...)

No case, unless it's raining, then I'll use the Palm leather case.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm still using the original cut out screen protector that was in the box.
    Yup me too. If you get it stuck down there correctly theyre great. I think this one will prolly last me about a year or so. Thats the experience I had with my other caseless palms.
    Carried in a horizontal case on my belt, screen proctected with a CrystalClear from Boxwave.
    I need one, just never got around to it...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I have always used a Boxwave screen protector. Yes, they can be a pain to put on, but just be patient because it's worth it.

Now, with that said, I am moving to a Vaja T66 case and will probably be dropping the screen protector.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I used to keep my Treo caseless w/ screen protector (ALWAYS use a screen protector) and carried it in my pocket without anything else (keys, wallet, etc). I used the cut-out screen protector up until yesterday, and it suffered a very noticible scratch within the first couple days of applying it. Besides, I must not have cut the thing out right because it didn't quite fit (are you supposed to cut along the inner or outer edge of that line?)

I went a week with the factory plastic seal on it, and it began to peel within a few days.

Now I have both the silicone "skin" case and a few of those restickable/resealable/washable screen protecters I bought here at TC. I'm pretty happy with them. They have more of a "texture" on the writing side than I wanted, and it's hard to keep lint off of the underside of them before sticking to the screen, but otherwise they're a great investment for screen protection.
    I don't use case or screen protector ....... usually carry the phone in my front pocket by itself. Screen is in reasonably good condition for a 6-8 month old phone (I tend to be a bit rough on them) .......
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    No screen protector, only Vaja T66. Sometimes I go caseless and front pocket. Not a single scratch. I would use a screen protector if they were truly crystal clear, but they are not.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I used to hate the way my screens looked on the 6035 & 7135 because of the grease transfer from my face (don't say anything). So when I saw these on ebay I bought them. There are a dozen which is good because I used two before I finally got one on perfect but oh how great it is. I cannot tell that I've even used it a little over a month after putting it on. To clean it, I just rub my thumb or shirt over it and it's clean. Here's the ebay link for these. They were delivered very fast:

http://search.ebay.com/12-SCREEN-PRO...fclZ3QQfrppZ50

As for a case, I have used one ever since I accidentally dropped a 6035 and the screen cracked into pieces. I love the case sold at the Verizon store for only $24.99.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=16850
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    I used to hate the way my screens looked on the 6035 & 7135 because of the grease transfer from my face (don't say anything). So when I saw these on ebay I bought them. There are a dozen which is good because I used two before I finally got one on perfect but oh how great it is. I cannot tell that I've even used it a little over a month after putting it on. To clean it, I just rub my thumb or shirt over it and it's clean. Here's the ebay link for these. They were delivered very fast:

http://search.ebay.com/12-SCREEN-PRO...fclZ3QQfrppZ50
    So these work well? They protect the screen? How would they compare to the screen protector that comes with the Treo?
    I use the form-fitting PalmOne leather case (has a clear plastic cover over the screen/keyboard), but I haven't gotten a screen protector, since I figure the plastic protects the screen anyway. Should I get a screen protector too? I don't really have the money to replace the Treo anytime soon, or to upgrade to another one, earlier than maybe 2 years from now.
    I actually bought screen protectors for my PSP and cut one of those down to fit my treo 650 It works perfect. It is clear and thicker then the ones that palm sells so it protects a bit more and there was no difference in how much pressure I have to use with the stylus on the touch screen with no protector.
    Caseless but with a T|C screen protector. Had the same on one the screen since I got the 650 back in November, works great.
    I'm back!
    I carry mine in my front pocket always by itself (no coins, keys). Use a clear boxwave and egrips. I take it in and out of my pocket about 100 times a day, so the egrips are a lifesaver.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    So these work well? They protect the screen? How would they compare to the screen protector that comes with the Treo?
    I've had three 650s I bought from Verizon, and I've never had one provided. I have to tell you that if I didn't look at the very top where I purposely placed a little of it over the edge to make it easier to pull off, I wouldn't know it was there. They are a perfect fit. Also, I use the stylus all the time instead of the 5 way and you can't see at all where I use it.
    No screen protector in left pocket by itself not a scratch on the screen. Cases are to impractical and take away from the ease and speed for the treo. Never found a screen protector that I liked enough to switch. For me, I upgrade the treo annually so I am not going to obsess about keeping it perfect it is utilitarian. A few battle wounds give it some character anyways. For me it is the information that is valuable not the phone itself.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    i don't use a case but i do use the palm oem screen protectors. you can never go wrong with oem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast