Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    i don't use a case but i do use the palm oem screen protectors. you can never go wrong with oem.
    I do the same thing, I never chance it without the screen protector. I have a krussel leather case and a Treo branded pouch but I never use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Yup me too. If you get it stuck down there correctly theyre great. I think this one will prolly last me about a year or so. Thats the experience I had with my other caseless palms.
    I'm surprised it's held out this long. It's scratched all to Hell, nothing serious, but certainly noticable when the Treo is off. Can't really see them when it's on though.

I've had PDA's for years, this is the first one I've ever used a screen protector on (hey, they shipped with one free, may as well use it, right?)

The only other thing I do, is try to keep it seperate. Keys in right pocket, Treo in left pocket type of thing...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    better to have a case to protecte my treo 650, in case I drop it, lost my Sd card and scratch. I got my zCover pink case, it works perfect. many guys review this zCover here. the review is very useful for my decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    i don't use a case but i do use the palm oem screen protectors. you can never go wrong with oem.
    That might be true for the screen protector, but not with the Treo 650 case by Palm Inc.

I use a case but no screen protector.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I also carry my Treo in front right pocket, screen facing in, but always use a screen protector.

Had 10 left over from a 12 pack I bought 3 years ago for my 7135. But the 7135 was a clamshell and I don't expect any screen protector to last as long on the Treo as they did on the 7135.

I bought them from www.strongengineering.com for the 7135 and they are an almost perfect fit to the Treo 650's screen (just toss the 12 little ones that are included for the 7135 bottom paine).

They were always highly rated by the 7135 users and I have yet to have an edge lift. Just clean the screen of oils with a cotton cloth moistened with some mild soap and water, followed by just water before you apply one.

$10.95 plus $4.00 U.S. Priority mail shipping.

Too many times I popped the Treo into my empty pocket only to find a sheet metal screw that I might have picked up in my driveway and dropped it unknowingly in my right pocket . Found a key or two in my thought to be empty pocket a couple of times already.

Cheap insurance and unlike the 7135, the Treo's screen is so bright you don't even know the protector is on there.

Since I don't like cases the screen protector is the only way I'd go if not using a case.

http://www.strongengineering.com/miv...ode=SP+Kyocera
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    No case or screen protector.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm surprised it's held out this long. It's scratched all to Hell, nothing serious, but certainly noticable when the Treo is off. Can't really see them when it's on though.

I've had PDA's for years, this is the first one I've ever used a screen protector on (hey, they shipped with one free, may as well use it, right?)

The only other thing I do, is try to keep it seperate. Keys in right pocket, Treo in left pocket type of thing...
    Don't you know by now that the Treo goes in the right front pocket?

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I use a Seidio belt holster. It holds the Treo at my hip on my belt, easily retrieved with one hand. Nice part is that the screen faces the solid plastic surface of the holster, while the back of the Treo faces the outside world. Thus the screen is extremely well protected while not in use. I use no screen protector on the surface of the screen, don't see the point.
    -- Josh in Syracuse
    No case but I do have the Treo650 custom Egrips on it. VERY good idea if you do not use a case.

I use the screen protectors I got from the TreoCentral store, it is a good price and I've been happy with them.
  10. FjT
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Martin Fields screen protectors are the best. Once you get it on (they are tough to get on) you dont know its there.
    http://www.overlayplus.com/
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    No case or screen protector and I always carry my 650 in my shirt pocket. No scratches or noticeable wear on the screen after 8 months. A few nicks/marks on the Treo body, but that's it.
    I've had a G2 on for 9 months. Washed it several times. I also have $20 pouch case bought from an accessory store.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  13. FjT
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I've had a G2 on for 9 months. Washed it several times. I also have $20 pouch case bought from an accessory store.
    Doh! Thats the one I meant. The G2 is the best one I have ever used, never tried the Martin Fields. I got the 2 confused.
    Been awhile since Ive needed to purchase a new one.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I have a screen protector on mine. When I carry it in my messenger bag, I use a case. Without my bag, I carry it in my pocket with nothing else in it (keys, coins, etc.).
    Always with a screen protector from day one and always in a beltclip holster. This is the holster:

http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/154.jpg

It's available here. Works great!

John
    I've been using Screenquardz 12-pack for past year and never had one fall off or curl. Each lasts indefinitely - already custom cut for Treo 600/650. Gave a pack to a friend as a gift but he didn't bother with them and got a nasty scratch on screen. No case but considering a silicon skin as dropped mine twice without harm but afraid my luck has run out.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    never use screen protectors; do use a case for carrying it in my purse but often have it laying around bare on my desk and as I move about the office & at home. Have owned this Treo for 10 months - even dropped it a tine or two - and no scratches on screen or case
    I don't even take my new gadgets out of their boxes without a screen protector in place. As for the case, I use the standard sideways leather case that clips onto my belt and has a snap close.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    No screen protector, only Vaja T66. Sometimes I go caseless and front pocket. Not a single scratch. I would use a screen protector if they were truly crystal clear, but they are not.
    Have you tried the Boxwave Crystal? It's damn clear. That's what I have and I can barely tell it's on.

Joe
    no need for a screen protector!!! it is a scam anyoine who sells them. the treo screens have a thin protective film over it anyway which NEVER has gotten scrstched since I hav e had the TReo 600 & 650 for past two years. If you look closely you can tell. It is a waiste of money. Screen protectors will not protect impact any more than if you have no screen protector. people just waiste there money & too many thingds, this is one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12