1.    #1  
    As good as their customer service has been to me, I simply cannot get a screen protector that works as well as their Anti-Glare that I had on my 600.

Both the Anti-Glare and the Crystal lift up on the edges with "bubbles" that won't smooth out. Maybe it's my 650, I don't know, but it's become quite frustrating.

In addition, the new Anti-Glares are causing screen distortion (Moire effect?) that was not visible with the old Anti-Glare that I had purchased for my 600.

Ans the fact that their own applicator card scratches the Crystal screen is unbelievable. I'm in disbelief over the night and day difference between the ease of use and quality of products I have seen between now and about a little over a year ago when I bought my first protectors from them.

So I've found a lot of threads here, and a few reviews, but most were very dated.

So are there any other recommendations? Martin Fields? Others?
    Last edited by PabloTX; 09/16/2005 at 08:35 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Again, I've been through 2 Crystals and about 6 anti-glares. All with issues. As good as they've been to me when trying replacements, I'm having to look elsewhere.

So for the purpose of this thread, I'm looking for options other than Boxwave. Thanks.
    Deleted my post. . . .
    The Treocentral screen protectors are very good.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5.    #5  
    Are they not just rebranded Boxwaves? That's what they look like.
    Boxwave says they are different. I like TC's version because it comes with a tab on the screen protector's cover. It helps separate the screen protector from the cover and apply it to the Treo without having to get fingerprints on the screen protector.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks.

Do you have any issue with lifting on the edges of the screen? Like bubbles that push out, but keep coming back?
    I'm in the market for screen protectors too - had old pack of Palm ones from my T3 days: shocking, dreadful, might as well have been opaque. I'm interested to hear views on EXIM SPC-PLM009 and JAVOedge. also, anyone heard of screenguardz.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Thanks.

Do you have any issue with lifting on the edges of the screen? Like bubbles that push out, but keep coming back?
    I'm on my second TC screen protector, and haven't had any issues at all. They were the easiest to install of any screen protector I have used.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I would say you didn't clean the edges of your screen well enough,boxwave crystal works perfectly for me, and no screen protect is going to remedy that. I had a very hard time getting it clean because of the groove around the screen.

brando.hk makes very good screen protect.. I used them before I found the boxwave crystal
    Sprint 700p
    I bought the screen protectors that are made for the PSP. I cut one down to size and it works great with my treo.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    I would say you didn't clean the edges of your screen well enough,boxwave crystal works perfectly for me, and no screen protect is going to remedy that. I had a very hard time getting it clean because of the groove around the screen.

brando.hk makes very good screen protect.. I used them before I found the boxwave crystal
    Then why do different protectors lift in different areas? I've tried only cleaning with a soft rag (included), even using the card to lift up the edges of the casing as I went around, using a damp cloth, etc. I've taken the time to ensure the screen was completely clear of lint or oils...never with satisfactory results.

If I see the same with the Martin Fields, I may change my opinion. But for now, I'm thinking that it's because of the Boxwaves...especially after reading of many others having the same problems.
    I prefer the NuShield screen protectors...

http://www.nushield.com/products_pda-phones_treo.htm
  14.    #14  
    The fact that the bubble/gap/whatever is growing and now spreading to different edges also doesn't lend itself to the theory of the screen not being cleaned sufficiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalVisor

i second them, i used them back in the day's of my palm m505 and couldn't remember the name once i got my T650, now i shall be ordering them again because they were terrific
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalVisor

Based on SoCalVisor's recommendation, I bought and have just received NuShield Protectors in the mail. Fit on the 650 was fiddly, but accomplished in accordance with instructions. Good clarity, nice smooth surface - but my touchscreen capability is completely nuked! I either get no response at all from the stylus or a random menu selection. And it even affects the 5-way. Basically the Treo is unusable with the NuShield in place. Tried smoothing it down - no better. Have emailed support at NuShield and wil post their response if helpful.

Anyone else had this problem with NuShield or any other screen protector?

17.    #17  
    I received the Martin Fields protector last week but didn't get a chance to put it on thanks to Rita.

So far, it's a big improvement over the boxwave. Equally as clear as the Crystal, perhaps a little thinner, and the edges actually stay down!

I'd definitely recommend these to anyone not happy with BoxWave.
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjoe
    Anyone else had this problem with NuShield or any other screen protector?
    Very strange. No, I've never had that problem with them. Touchscreen works fine and the 5way, no clue there, unless somehow the protector is making contact with something at the bottom of the screen (above the 5way).

Good luck, and I will be waiting to know what NuSheild has to say as well.
    I'm having the same problem. Touch screen doesn't work anymore. Maybe i should try attaching it with the battery out of the treo???
    NuShield Support was prompt in replying. They said that, if the NuShield is not straight, i.e. rotationally aligned with the Treo, it can affect touchscreen performance. They recommended that I move the NuShield around - rotationally, up/down and side/side - to find a "sweet spot". Did so. 5way started working, but then stopped again. No joy at all with the touchscreen.

Went back to NuShield Support again. They said that it must be because the fit of my screen into the Treo is too snug, too tight, and therefore there is insufficeint clearance at the edges to accomodate the NuShiled without it exerting constant pressure on the screen. They said there was nothing to be done about it and recommended I return the goods for a full refund.

Full marks to them for customer service, but a disappointing outcome for me.