1.    #1  
    I need opinions from the braver members who have dissassembled their Treo's. I have a 650 that is in perfect shape, but the speaker on the back keeps cutting out. The slightest pressure with my finger over the speaker makes it come back to life, suggesting that a connection is so slightly loose that I could re-seat it if I opened it up.

The alternative is to submit i for warranty repair, and be without it for up to 2 months while it is mailed across Canada and examined, maybe fixed, sent back.

What do you think? Can I fix it if I buy a small torx and take it apart? Too foolish to consider?

Thanks for the help
    Here are some pics on taking apart the Treo 650 to take out the camera, this might help. You are a braver person than I. . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...emoving+camera

Cheers, Perry
    someone around here also resoldered his headset connector inside the phone, you may search around and find out who it is so you can ask him.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I'd just be scared that you might visually void your warranty (like tare a sticker on the inside of the device) as soon as you pull the case open. Otherwise it'd be a really simple job if you have any electronic expirence at all.
    I opened my treo to fix the headphone jack. You have to be careful with the screw that holds the antenna in place, it has a warrenty stick that covers it.

Other than that it should be no problem. The speaker is connected via two two metal contacts, putting a little layer of solder on them should do the trick.
    While it's open, might as well upgrade it.