1.    #1  
    Hello all:

Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated. A few facts first:

- I have a Sprint, Treo650 on the 1.12 firmware, hardware A rev.
    - I have NO apps loaded besides the standard PalmOS applications and DocumentsToGo.
    - GoodLink 4.0 ran fine on my Treo for many months.

All off a sudden about 1 month ago, GoodLink crashes 90% of the time after giving me "Fatal Exception Errors". The only way to recover from this is to soft reset or remove battery. If it does happen to run for more than 2-3 minutes, it typically reloads the Treo. If it somehow actually runs for over 4 minutes, the "on line" mode of the phone ceases and goodlink app shutsdown.

It used to run constantly and remain connected for weeks.

I have performed a hard reset and reloaded it, but no luck. Others at my company are running it fine on the Cingular network.

It may coincide with the latest firmware release from Sprint. We also did recently load GL 4.5 although this was happening before loading 4.5

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
    Send an email to GoodGuy or post in his GoodLink thread. He is really good, no pun intended, at getting back. They just went through some changes so it may take him a little longer than normal to get back with you. You can always call support at 800-BE-GOOD don't know what the holdtimes are with the recent changes.
  3.    #3  
    Great. Thanks for the information.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaSM1
    Hello all:

- I have NO apps loaded besides the standard PalmOS applications and DocumentsToGo.

All off a sudden about 1 month ago, GoodLink crashes 90% of the time after giving me "Fatal Exception Errors". The only way to recover from this is to soft reset or remove battery. If it does happen to run for more than 2-3 minutes, it typically reloads the Treo. If it somehow actually runs for over 4 minutes, the "on line" mode of the phone ceases and goodlink app shutsdown.

I have performed a hard reset and reloaded it, but no luck. Others at my company are running it fine on the Cingular network.

It may coincide with the latest firmware release from Sprint. We also did recently load GL 4.5 although this was happening before loading 4.5

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
    That is a completely new on on me. I would suggest a call to tech support.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaSM1
    Hello all:

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
    This is exactly what is happening to me on my ATTWS Treo 650. I was convinced it was a hardware problem, so I just received my warranty replacement this morning and had it reprovisioned. This afternoon, it gave me the fatal error again. However, unlike on the old phone, this has "only" happened once so far and it's been about 45 minutes since with no problems. On my old phone, I couldn't run GL for more than about two minutes before it crashed.
    Is it the white screen or blue screen of death? If Blue...then they are ahead of their development cycle.

Seriously, call their tech support line and get the problem logged. Sounds as though it is happening too often and frequently to people. I would also think about rolling the client back a version if you were running fine with 4.0
  7.    #7  
    This problem began for me, I believe, when I went from to the 1.08 to 1.12 firmware for Sprint Treo 650's. I have been trying to locate 1.08 for Sprint, but it isnt posted anywhere I can find.