1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

I took a movie with my Canon digital camera of about 20 seconds duration in AVI format apparently. I tried transferring it into the media folder of my Treo 650's SD card, but it wouldn't play. I looked up in the Treo owner's manual that video has to be in the 3GP format. So I got out Apple's iMovie on my iBook and converted it to 3GP. There were several 3GP format choices, but I just chose the basic 3GP. I loaded it onto the Treo and it plays, but poorly, whereas on my PC or Apple screen, it plays beautifully. Any suggestions on how I can make this video clip play properly?

-- JOsh (Cingular Treo 650)
    Hello JOsh,

This is Kevin from Palm. I'm not familiar with attempting to convert avi to 3GP for viewing on the Treo, but your mention of several GP format choices got me to wondering if choosing one of the others might make a difference. Are there choices for 3GPP (for GSM) or 3GPP2 (for CDMA)? Don't know if that would make a difference and someone else here may be more informed, but there is a Palm Knowledge Library article that speaks to some of this: Viewing a video from a Treo 650 on a PC or Mac (including Windows Media Player)"

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
  3.    #3  
    Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, there are several options among what seem to be 3GP formats, including (off top of my head, my Mac's at home) 3GPP, 3GPP2, and one or two other things. I will certainly give them a try.
    -- Josh
    You're welcome. Let us know of the results.

thnx

Kevin
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    get tcpmp. It will play all sorts of formats.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    get tcpmp. It will play all sorts of formats.
    co-sign tcpmp should play it without having to convert it
  7.    #7  
    What is TCPMP? 3rd party video playing software? Plug-in to make AVI or MOV or other video formats playable? And where do I get TCPMP?
    -- Josh
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej
    What is TCPMP? 3rd party video playing software? Plug-in to make AVI or MOV or other video formats playable? And where do I get TCPMP?
    -- Josh
    The Core Pocket Media Player
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    It is a freeware, open sourced, 35d party media player app. It will do audio and video, supports playlists, full screen, realtime effects (like brightness, playback speed, etc.) It is awesome.