1.    #1  
    I had heard that Palm was going to issue a new version of the operating system that permitted the Treo 650 to be used as a cellular modem. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimK
    I had heard that Palm was going to issue a new version of the operating system that permitted the Treo 650 to be used as a cellular modem. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Have you heard of Pda Net 3.2 Download Trial here or you can purchase it... What Pda Net does is simple. It allow's you to connect your Treo (as a Modem) to your laptop via bluetooth or the factory USB cable that came with the Treo. It's super simple! Try it!

Hope that helps.
    Take Care,

- Jim
    Last edited by spoolenTreo; 09/15/2005 at 02:00 PM. Reason: 123
    You can also do it via bluetooth for free. Search for DUN.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    You can also do it via bluetooth for free. Search for DUN.
    That is a good thought... Your best bet is search for Reverse Dun... I read about it and was boggled. Now you know why I still use Pda Net... LOL

Cheers,
    - Jim
    -------------------------
    TREO 650 - Sandisk 2GB Ultra II SD...
    SPRINT TSR
    Actually it would be regular DUN I believe. Reverse Dun is where you use your computers internet connection to surf on the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Actually it would be regular DUN I believe. Reverse Dun is where you use your computers internet connection to surf on the Treo.
    WHOOPS, see don't listen to me... I totally forgot about that!!

THANKS for the clearification!
    - Jim
    SPRINT TSR
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the quick replies. Is it just my imagination or this forum way better than the Palm support forums?
    This forum is by far supperior to ANY other forum. You are not hallucinating, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    This forum is by far supperior to ANY other forum. You are not hallucinating, sir.
    AMEN! PREACH ON MY BROTHA!!
    - Jim
    SPRINT TSR
    Does anybody know if there is any speed difference inherent in USB vs bluetooth when using PDAnet and when not using PDAnet? I realize that there are other factors that also influence the upload/download speed, but i have been using the trial version of PDAnet with the USB cable with a laptop that does NOT have bluetooth and wondering if it would be faster to by the bluetooth and/or go the free route. So which is faster, given everything else being equal. Or does it just not matter.

1. PDAnet with USB
    2. PDAnet with Bluetooth
    3. Free DUN with Bluetooth.

Thanks,
    I also would like to know if there is a difference in speed. Plus if you use bluetooth will your headset work ? I use GSM service.

Thanks
    I vote for PDANet.

Simple to use, very fast through USB sync cable. I have done bandwidth speed test with it using the usb cable and get between 83kbps - 102kbps. I tried setting up the BT DUN... Reverse DUN, etc. What a nightmare.

Save yourself the frustrations.