1.    #1  
    I've had a 650 on the Orange network for two weeks now and am constantly being told that I'm barely audible by the people I call. I downloaded Volumecare but the problem - my voice level drops in and out - persists. Does anyone have any answers?
    Instead of creating a new thread why didn't you just ask on the VolumeCare thread? I use VC and would not use the Treo as a phone w/out it..
    If the issue is mic volume, I'd suggest paying close attention to how you are holding the phone. I find that I often inadventently cover the mic with my hand and it kills the volume. Same thing happens sometimes with my chin.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Instead of creating a new thread why didn't you just ask on the VolumeCare thread? I use VC and would not use the Treo as a phone w/out it..
    Because Volumecare doesn't work for me, so I don't see it as Volumecare problem. Thanks for your help...
    Quote Originally Posted by jackeyres
    Because Volumecare doesn't work for me, so I don't see it as Volumecare problem. Thanks for your help...
    Ok got confused from the title.. sorry.. Could it be a hardware issue? I know I rec'd a refurb phone and the internal speaker was messed up. You may want to see if it could be replaced or diagnosed.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I think I'll ask them to replace this one and see if it's the phone not the way it's made.
    I have the same issue with my 3rd replacement provided by sprint.
    Prior to this replacement volumecare did help alot but it seems like with this latest phone there is a hardware problem with the mic. Everyone hears me perfectly fine when using my bluetooth headset. So i would suggest getting a replacement. I'm about to do the same.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks. I think you may be right. Seems crazy that they can get so many things right and then let themselves down by using one weak component. You're only as strong as your weakest link, etc.
    I went to sprint today and should be getting another phone in 5 days or less. Last time they just gave me one right there on the spot but they didn't have any more. So I definitely suggest going in and getting yourself another phone. I really hope that they get it together with this latest phone. I just hope all this crap is resolved by the time they launch the newest treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bige
    I have the same issue with my 3rd replacement provided by sprint.
    Prior to this replacement volumecare did help alot but it seems like with this latest phone there is a hardware problem with the mic. Everyone hears me perfectly fine when using my bluetooth headset. So i would suggest getting a replacement. I'm about to do the same.
    This sounds like it could be a variation of the Headset Jack hardware failure.

Jeff