1.    #1  
    Are there any free downloads to view excel and word documents on Treo 600?
    Documents to Go (I think is free) only allows you to view these documents if they are email attachments.

Thanks!
    Documents To Go allows you to view them.
    Quote Originally Posted by T00NIE
    Are there any free downloads to view excel and word documents on Treo 600?
    Documents to Go (I think is free) only allows you to view these documents if they are email attachments.

Thanks!
    I'm not sure of apps other than Docs to Go (which comes on the 600's desktop installation disk for free), but if you have an Excel or Word doc on your SD card you can open it with DTG - it doesn't necessarily have to be from an email attachment.

If your file manager allows you to associate certain extensions (like .xls or .doc) with particular apps for launching, then you can associate those extensions with DTG. Resco Explorer - my favorite file manager - can do this. I just navigate to Excel or Word docs on my SD card, click on them, and DTG opens them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Documents To Go allows you to view them.
    Hey Green Moderator, is this really a Multimedia question??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    I'm not sure of apps other than Docs to Go (which comes on the 600's desktop installation disk for free), but if you have an Excel or Word doc on your SD card you can open it with DTG - it doesn't necessarily have to be from an email attachment.

If your file manager allows you to associate certain extensions (like .xls or .doc) with particular apps for launching, then you can associate those extensions with DTG. Resco Explorer - my favorite file manager - can do this. I just navigate to Excel or Word docs on my SD card, click on them, and DTG opens them up.
    The 600 only came with a "viewer" version of DTG which was quite limited. It's true that you can do file assocations if you have a file manager like Resco or ZLauncher, but I'm not sure if it will work properly with the limited "viewer" version of DTG that came with the 600. I think, at best, you would have to be able to click on the document, itself, and hope that the appropriate viewer would get launched. (Unfortunately, you can't open the viewer directly and then look for the document you want to view.)

Of course, the 650 came with a full-blown launchable version of DTG which will open documents (for both viewing and editing) regardless of their origin. Not free for a 600, but certainly a more useful and satisfying experience.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    The 600 only came with a "viewer" version of DTG which was quite limited. It's true that you can do file assocations if you have a file manager like Resco or ZLauncher, but I'm not sure if it will work properly with the limited "viewer" version of DTG that came with the 600. I think, at best, you would have to be able to click on the document, itself, and hope that the appropriate viewer would get launched. (Unfortunately, you can't open the viewer directly and then look for the document you want to view.)...
    Exactly - no way to open the free DTG viewer itself and search for a file to open. But as I mentioned in my original post, navigating with Resco Explorer to the SD card and finding your file does indeed open the document in the DTG viewer. No "hope" involved with Resco Explorer - it flat out works.
    Glad to know that it works. I didn't know for sure...hence my use of the word "hope". I've had mixed results with other applications.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    Glad to know that it works. I didn't know for sure...hence my use of the word "hope". I've had mixed results with other applications.
    Gotcha. Resco Explorer has been quite good to me with it's file-app associations. Man do I love this thing.