Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just got a used Treo600 from a good friend, and am wondering if I can just walk into a 'hot-spot' and 1) check email and 2) (less important) browse the web.

If so, what would be the simplest way to do this?

(keep in mind I've got no data plan on my wireless plan - I'm usually not far from my PC's and don't feel the need to pay the fees for it).

THANKS
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusjn
    Just got a used Treo600 from a good friend, and am wondering if I can just walk into a 'hot-spot' and 1) check email and 2) (less important) browse the web.
    No.
    Treo's dont have 802.11b/g/a capability.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I just saw this, don't have any idea if it works.

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....%5Fid=MP950539

The Enfora Wi-Fi Sled for the Treo 600 allows Treo 600 Smartphone users to access Wi-Fi hotspots to surf the Internet and send and receive email at highspeed over Wireless LANs. It includes 40/64/128-bit WEP Encryption and an internal long life battery which provides 5 day standby and 24 hr typical data use and does not draw power from the Treo Smartphone. When the Sled is attached to the Treo the power supply will charge both devices simultaniously.

Browse the Internet; read email and even Hotsync your Treo 600 wirelessly.
    Charge your Treo 600 through your Wi-Fi Sled.
    Integrated battery provides hours of high-speed Internet use without draining the Treo 600's battery.
    Lightweight and low profile design makes for effective travel and comfortable use.