1.    #1  
    Good morning. I recently bought a Motorola HS820 Bluetooth Headset for my Treo 650. I paired it successfully, but when I make or receive calls on it, it gives me soo much static. When I'm takling (during the static) the other party can hear me PERFECTLY. Any suggestions?
    Make sure there is a clear line of sight between the devices.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    I bought the HS820 with my Treo 650, but ended up returning it because of the static. Even if the treo was in my back pocket or in it's leather case on my dash the static was terrible.

I think the bluetooth signal strength in the 650 is a bit weak.
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    I have the 820. Static is mainly caused by body interference. Moto on right ear, Treo in left pocket type of thing.

I can leave the Treo on my center console and get out to pump gas, and it's fine. I've can even get a good 20 feet away, but once i move my body into the path, it's over.

I believe all BT headsets are like this, (degradation passing through your body.) Some just deal with it better.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I have the 820. Static is mainly caused by body interference. Moto on right ear, Treo in left pocket type of thing.

I can leave the Treo on my center console and get out to pump gas, and it's fine. I've can even get a good 20 feet away, but once i move my body into the path, it's over.

I believe all BT headsets are like this, (degradation passing through your body.) Some just deal with it better.
    ... ... ...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by yobeez
    Good morning. I recently bought a Motorola HS820 Bluetooth Headset for my Treo 650. I paired it successfully, but when I make or receive calls on it, it gives me soo much static. When I'm takling (during the static) the other party can hear me PERFECTLY. Any suggestions?
    Its bluetooth, how picky can you be? Just sit back and enjoy the nice blue pulse.
    FWIW I've tried the HS810, 820, and 850 and all worked fine without any static. However, when the HS820 is first powered on the initial call sounds like garbage....subsequent calls sound fine. I will say of all the headsets we sell the 820 gets returned most often.
    That is definately true. The body really blocks the bluetooth. I also notice when I go outside in the heat, it causes more static.

BTW, I just got someone an 820 for their cell phone and was unhappy with the ear piece. It seemed that it was loose and floppy on the ear.
    I have used both the 810 and the 820 with my T650, and the 810 definitely works better than the 820. Besides, I like the 810 (just like the new 850) more because of the "flip" design and the fact that you know it's on when it is flipped open, versus the 820 you almost have to remember if you had it on or not. I've mistakenly truned the 820 off (holding the button) thinking it was off.
    is it considered in "standby mode" when blue light is pulsing and no call is in progress, or is standy when the light is off?
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  11.    #11  
    Okay guys, Thanks for all of your responses. I still don't have a blue tooh head piece yet. I need everyone to write down which ones they have for their treo 650, so when i get your responses, i know which ones to purchase. Right now im thinking of Motorola HS850. Any other Suggestions, Jabra, or Plantronics?