1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,
    I just purchased the TomTom Navigator 5 Bluetooth GPS system for use with my Treo. My main interest is being able to create a website that will show in realtime my current location on a map using MSN Virtual Earth or similar product.

I know its a long shot but has anyone put something like this together yet ? Any interest amongst the programming crowd in creating a palm app and web front end to do this ?

Thanks
    Adam.
    I'm not a programmer but I'd be interested in something like this!
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    I could be wrong but I think you need a different receiver that also transmits, otherwise how can something find out where you are and not me?

Try http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/ for more information on the subject as they have a forum on that subject.
    Not quite what you are looking for but you can do something similar with KMaps. It has a way to let others know where you are and will likely be adding GPS capability soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I could be wrong but I think you need a different receiver that also transmits, otherwise how can something find out where you are and not me?

Try http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/ for more information on the subject as they have a forum on that subject.
    I don't think you'd need the GPS receiver to transmit. The program would take the GPS location data from the receiver and send it back to the web server - could use FTP, HTTP, or any other protocol really. My main worry would be hogging the radio and making you unable to receive calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by acitrano
    My main worry would be hogging the radio and making you unable to receive calls.
    Why not just send the coordinates back to the server as text message?
  7.    #7  
    Good suggestions. Although KMaps looks like it's only going to support Sprint location based interface which I had heard wasn't particularly accurate ??

One thing I'm not sure how to do is download tracks that I've made with the TomTom Navigator 5. I thought a file was created that I could then use to upload as an overlay on a map ? .0S2 or something like that ?

Anyone know where i can find the track file on my Treo ?
    Thanks
    Adam.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashepp
    One thing I'm not sure how to do is download tracks that I've made with the TomTom Navigator 5. I thought a file was created that I could then use to upload as an overlay on a map ? .0S2 or something like that ?

Anyone know where i can find the track file on my Treo ?
    Thanks
    Adam.
    If what you mean by track file is a summary of GPS positions along a trip you have completed, I don't believe TTNav5 retains this information.