1.    #1  
    i guess lot of discussion on this topic has already been done but i'm looking for a solid inference. my main issue is -- TO TURN OFF THE SCREEN MANUALLY AFTER I START A CALL ( DIAL OR TAKE) -- which was a charm while i was using treoguard on my treo 600.

i know lot of u guys already know the answer but to a new treo 650 user its a big help.

comments plz.
    What's your problem with Treo Guard?

It works fine on my 650.
    Let me guess... a Cingular Treo right?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Let me guess... a Cingular Treo right?

yes it is CINGULAR indeed . my problem as i said -- to turn the screen of --previously on treo 600 i used *power button* but as in new 650 it also hangsup my call.

i need to find a new button usable to turn the screen off while i'm in a call.
    Yeah I just use the phone button.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphonefan
    yes it is CINGULAR indeed . my problem as i said -- to turn the screen of --previously on treo 600 i used *power button* but as in new 650 it also hangsup my call.

i need to find a new button usable to turn the screen off while i'm in a call.
    With the latest Cingular update, it now turns the screen off automatically after 30 seconds while on a call in handset mode (and no option to disable this), which prevents Treoguard from working properly from what I've seen. Prior to the update, you could turn the screen off manually using Treoguard on the 650, just like you could on the 600.

Was hoping that Jeff Gibson's StopDim program, which prevents the screen from automatically turning off after 30 seconds (as well as fixes the bug introduced in the new update that makes the phone ignore your power off setting) would make Treoguard start working again but I just tested it and when you hit the red phone button while the phone is active, it turns the screen off for a quick second but then the screen comes right back on again.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I just keep Treo Guard to turn the screen off after 5 seconds while on a call. This way if I do manually turn the screen on it shuts off almost immediately after I'm done doing what I needed to do.

I'm not sure why you're having issues with the app. It seems to work okay on my Cingular device.