1.    #1  
    what r the advantages with zlauncher?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    It's a cooler launcher, and there are a bunch of fans here, but probably the only reason I bought it was:

1) ability to move apps to the card, and
    2) ability to create shortcuts to apps on the card

Otherwise, I use it because it's there. If it wasn't there, I wouldn't miss it much.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    It's a cooler launcher, and there are a bunch of fans here, but probably the only reason I bought it was:

1) ability to move apps to the card, and
    2) ability to create shortcuts to apps on the card

Otherwise, I use it because it's there. If it wasn't there, I wouldn't miss it much.
    and its fairly easy to hide those built in icons that you cant delete in a 'tab' (assuming you havent taken advantage of Shadowmites expertise).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Zlauncher has a great file manager built in. It was one of my favorite features until i started using resco explorer.
    As stated above zlauncher puts apps on the card, and creates shortcuts to apps on the card. I also like using the top bar so that i can see in plain numbers how much battery is left and how much space i have in RAM and on my SD card. It also has Quicklaunch, which is a very basic type of Hilauncher and very similar to McPhling, which is what i use because it has a "last app" option that quicklaunch does not have.

I think that one of the things a lot of people like about Zlauncher is the ability to customize their phone and make it very personal with themes and backgrounds that suit their individual personalities.
    You should also evaluate LauncherX. It's not as customizable but does most of what Zlauncher does, looks cleaner IMHO, has a smaller memory footprint, and doesn't really take any time to learn how to use. The developer is deceased, though, so, unfortunately, it's not being upgraded.
    I've had LauncherX and Zlauncher, and I think Z is much better. The file management system alone rocks, and it's very, very customizable. I couldn't go back to the OEM launcher..
    Yes all of the above!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    As others have mentioned, one of the bigger factors for me is the deep level of interface customization you can do. I also love the free Today plugin also available from ZZTechs that shows your appointments and tasks for the day. All the other functionality mentioned such as easily moving apps to card with shortcuts, hiding apps, QuickLaunch, a good built-in file manager, etc. make it well worth the money in my opinion.
    I switched to ZLauncher from LauncherX because I found that LauncherX started out small but would inexplicably grow in size almost daily.
    I also think ZL looks better than LX.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    check out the attachment on the first post in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...al+show+thread

I use it because it makes my treo look 10x cooler, and you don't have to sacrifice function for fashion - you get both!