Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My new Treo Headset was working great. No real problems.

All of a sudden today it lost it's pairing. I went into the phone and deleted it from the Trusted Devices. I went to re-add it and now it can't find it.

I've held down the center button and the light is solid blue like I've done before, I scan for devices with the treo and it finds nothing.

I can find other things in the scan, just not my BT headset.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Josh
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    Sounds like the headset is dead. Can any other devices see it?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  4.    #4  
    All of a sudden it's working again. Not sure why. Could a low battery cause this? Low battery on the BT Headset.
    I had the same exact problem until I realized that I held the headsets power button too long, putting it into "re-pairing" mode.

This typically happened when driving, because I'd try to keep my eyes on the road and would not notice when the flashing lights would occur. I'd accidentially put it into "pairing" mode, miss the request to enter the default pass code, causing the headset to not pair & not be found in either the "trusted" device list or the "nearby" device list.

This problem never occurs anymore because I realized the quick & simple fix. I just purposly re-pair the device, enter the default code and it works perfectly every time. Let me know if this helps you out.
    I am having the same problem. It arrived on Tuesday, and worked great--comfortable, sound quality just fine. On Wednesday, the Treo couldn't find the headset, and nothing I've done has helped. I've charged up the headset fully, I tried what I read in one thread about plugging it in for 5 seconds and then unplugging it to "reset" the headset--nothing. Did I kill it? Its blue light is functioning, and it makes the little two-tone beep when I turn it on and off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Okay, as I hoped, after working on this for two days, all I had to do was break down and ask for help, and it is working. What I did was hold the multifunction button down until the phone found it--I don't remember having to do that the first time, but -- WHEW!!
    My Treo Headset works intermitantly. I can't figure out why.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDreams
    Okay, as I hoped, after working on this for two days, all I had to do was break down and ask for help, and it is working. What I did was hold the multifunction button down until the phone found it--I don't remember having to do that the first time, but -- WHEW!!
    Thanks! This really saved me! In case you don't have your manual handy, the passkey for Treo headsets is 0000.

Note to self: download the electronic version of the manual for every piece of equipment purchased, even if I also have a print version...
    Lately I have been noticing that my Treo headset always needs to be re-paired after charging or if I turn it off. Is there a fix for this?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    Lately I have been noticing that my Treo headset always needs to be re-paired after charging or if I turn it off. Is there a fix for this?
    i've experienced the same thing, and can't figure out why - it makes life SOOO annoying with the BT headset. (BTW i'm using a Mot HS820.)

On another note - the HS820 says it can support up to 8 devices at once ... but when I pair my headset with my Treo, then try to use it with my V710 - I need to re-pair it! Does that make sense to anyone else?

--Dan
    I am losing pairing on a daily basis between my Treo BT headset and my 650. When I go out, I carry the headset in my purse in its own little compartment when not using it. I suspect that by moving around in the purse, the headset turns on and often goes into pairing mode. However, sometimes I find that it had turned itself on and is not in pairing mode but I still have to re-pair it to get it to work. Sometimes when it's just sitting on my desk and goes into sleep mode it loses pairing all on its own. As an aside, how do you (especially the other ladies out there) carry your headset when you're not using it?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abcxyz
    I am losing pairing on a daily basis between my Treo BT headset and my 650. When I go out, I carry the headset in my purse in its own little compartment when not using it. I suspect that by moving around in the purse, the headset turns on and often goes into pairing mode. However, sometimes I find that it had turned itself on and is not in pairing mode but I still have to re-pair it to get it to work. Sometimes when it's just sitting on my desk and goes into sleep mode it loses pairing all on its own. As an aside, how do you (especially the other ladies out there) carry your headset when you're not using it?
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    me too, I thought I was the only one.
    I am hoping the new GSM firmware upgrade can fix it. I have learned to re-pair the headset every time I turn it on.
    haven't figured out what causes the treo headset to lose its pairing? Accept the fact that it happens mostly when I need it the most, like while driving.

Its awkard having to put the phone up to one ear and have the bluetooth headset on the other ear. :-) silly!
  17. deu
    I was having the same problem - my Treo headset would lose the pairing with my Cingular Treo 650 almost daily . Since I've upgraded to 1.17, I have not lost the pairing once (I upgraded about a week ago). Hopefully this is a good sign!
    I have the HS815 and it needs to be re-paired every time it's off, and I had the update done before I got the headset. The woman selling it to me said that she didn't even think it was going to work, since there had been reports of problems. The headset works fine, and I only need to select it from my Trusted Devices to pair, but it is a pain having to do it every time I turn the headset back on. But hey, it works great otherwise.
    You know, I figured something out. I don't have to re-pair it every time, it's just a matter of hitting the on button the right way...not too long, but long enough. I talked to a friend who uses the HS850 with a moto MPx220 and he told me that when he turns it back on he always has to re-pair, and I thought, well, if it happens with 2 motos, I guess I can't expect any differently with a Treo. He also said that he needed to re-pair after charging. I haven't had the problem since I posted this and talked to him, which is funny. Just turn on BT, turn on the Treo, tell it to scan for devices, and it should find it and hook you up. Again, it appears to be a matter of hitting the button on the headset for just the right amount of time.
    yes, lately I've been paying alot more attention on when/how long I press the headset button. Especially when receiving an unimportant call, because the time between pressing the headset and the treo connecting can seem like forever (2-3 sec.) But after some practice and faith it seems to be working fine for me now. Would be nice if it had a confirmation tone/beep with each press, like the volume up and down.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast