1.    #1  
    I am thinking about picking up a verizon treo 650 with unlimited data. I currently have a sidekick. My question is, is that if I use verichat, can I recieve and make calls while im on verichat? my friend says you cant and he uses a sprint treo. Any help is appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    also, this is regards in using always on in data mode, thanx
    Yes, so long as you're not actually moving data at the time a call comes through. Verichat just being "on" and idle won't be a problem
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    NO the nature of 1xrtt is that you cannot receive an incoming call while on an active data connection as the monkey already stated!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Verizon Treos won't receive calls whilst in data mode, but a GSM Treo will!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  6.    #6  
    so the only way to get it to work on my treo with out missing a call is to use SMS always and never use data? I really want to get rid of my sidekick, but AIM is essential to my business.