1.    #1  
    Can this be? I've only had the unit for a few months (purchased used). I can hear the person on the phone (on the front top of the handset) but the sound quality is very flat and tinny and almost unreadable. Mic and speakerphone are fine, as well as system sounds. I've tried volume care and the most recent firmware updates, but these don't help.

Thanks,

Joe
    Its possible, how did you buy it?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    I bought it from a private party for $40 bucks. It has worked perfectly for two months.
    That's one heck of deal, even if you only got to use it for 2 months.
    $40, good googly moogly... that's an awsome deal. I would see if you can get another $40 one to replace it!

That or open the treo and find a part number. you may find a 3rd party that makes the speaker.

Timmay

EDIT
    -----------------------
    Does the speaker phone sound ok? Just thought of that...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I bought in GErmany e-store Treo 600 this summer. And had same problem, but from first day of using device :-(. I made refund in e-store.