1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am getting an error trying to sync ChatterEmail, trial version:
    Your POP3 Mailbox 'gmail' is too large and cannot be sync'ed.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I've had the trial version running for a couple of days and it has worked well.

Thanks!

Carlos
    You need to get the Beta to get around that limitation.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Marc,

I updated to the beta version. It worked fine for a while, but now I have new messages in my gmail inbox, but ChatterEmail doesn't download any new messages. (Actually, it does something strange, the green number on the bottom right goes to 372, then 156 then disappears and nothing is downloaded.) Any ideas?

Also, on a (almost) unrelated note, is it possible to filter my incoming messages into folders?

Thanks!!!

Carlos
    You'd have to send me a log; I'm not aware of any issue like that in the Beta. Logging instructions are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com.

And no, there's no client-side filtering in Chatter with POP3 accounts. If you were to forward yoru Gmail to an IMAP server, filtering could be done that way (you'd also get push).

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Marc,

I just sent you a log. Please, let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

Carlos
    There isn't any error here. Chatter sees 400 or so messages, but doesn't see any new ones to sync. This is almost certainly a Gmail configuration issue.

Marc
  7.    #7  
    Hi Marc,

I don't think it's a Gmail configuration issue, since everything has been working fine for a couple of days, and my Gmail account says:
    1. Status: POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since Sep 3

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Carlos
    The log doesn't show any errors at all; it successfully logs into the account and retrieves the message list (it was around 400 messages). I'm not sure what else to say at this point. I could look at your account if I had access to it, I suppose...

Marc

p.s. Are you saying that you don't check your Gmail from ANY other client than Chatter on your Treo??
    help

can anyone tell me the config of chattermail sending on gmail?

i get an error message when i try
    thanks
    galambo - Get the beta; account creation is done via a wizard that has the settings.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    galambo - Get the beta; account creation is done via a wizard that has the settings.

Marc
    have had bad experience with beta so i would rather not.

right now with tls checked i get an unexplained error, the post is saved in drafts, BUT the post actual gets send out???
    You had a bad experience with a recent beta? Most people find the beta far more stable than the official stable version...

Marc
    galambo - You'd have to send a log.

Marc