Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have just created a test build of VolumeCare to see if it improves the network issues some people are having. Can you test to see if this improves or eliminates the network connection issue?

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=28

Please give it a try and give me feedback......

Jeff
    I installed the new build on the day Jeff released it and whereas before I had to remove the battery at least once a day to connect, I have not had to remove it a single time since installing the new build. I typically go online 5-6 times per day.

Thanks Jeff
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm not sure if VC ever had anything to do with this issue. My network issue has come and gone just like every1 else's, at about the same time as people mention it, but I've never touched my installation of VC (4.30).
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm not sure if VC ever had anything to do with this issue. My network issue has come and gone just like every1 else's, at about the same time as people mention it, but I've never touched my installation of VC (4.30).
    I dont know if you have Sprint or not, but if you do call CS and ask to speak to a tech. Have them reprovision your phone and see if that helps. I had similar problems and did this and my problems vanished.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Are folks still having this problem. Using a Verizon 650 in Cleveland area, and the data connection only stays active for minutes to perhaps an hour- then need to turn phone off/on to re-establish. Has anyone using verizon had success in getting verizon to reprovision or do something on their end, or is a new phone required? I'm using the latest verizon firmware update.
    since volumecare 5.15, no problems here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plank
    since volumecare 5.15, no problems here.
    Thanks for the post. This is music to my ears! I worked some very long hours tracking down and fixing this problem.

Jeff
    I realize that this has been mentioned before, but I'll say this again. I went through this for two months, was going to pitch the phone. Finally saw that VolumeCare might be doing this. Uploaded the latest version, voila!, no more problems!

I am on version 5.11. Earlier ones may be causing the problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingPilot
    I realize that this has been mentioned before, but I'll say this again. I went through this for two months, was going to pitch the phone. Finally saw that VolumeCare might be doing this. Uploaded the latest version, voila!, no more problems!

I am on version 5.11. Earlier ones may be causing the problems.
    Again, thanks for your confirmation post! I recommend you install 5.15. Any releases between 5.01 and 5.15 are test and debugging releases and may cause other problems. Version 5.15 is an official and publically available release.

This is a link to the official VolumeCare release location:

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=16

Jeff
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    ok guys, i completely uninstalled VC and am having this problem. i have no idea what to do but i'm kinda pissed...any updates or should i just go ahead up to the sprint store tomorrow sometime?

thanks
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    I had to remove vc because it drove me crazy turning off and on my phone everyday. The other day I noticed version 5.4 so I said "what the hell" and installed it. It has worked perfectly with no disconnects for about a week now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plank
    I had to remove vc because it drove me crazy turning off and on my phone everyday. The other day I noticed version 5.4 so I said "what the hell" and installed it. It has worked perfectly with no disconnects for about a week now.
    Thanks for hte post! Yes this problem was fixed many versions ago.

Enjoy VolumeCare!

Jeff
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    god...must be my phone then

thanks! i'm goin to the sprint store!

anybody else please chime in. also if you could post up the newest version and i'll try that one out instead. thanks jeff
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    i got it working. the *edited* woman that did my esn swap wasn't bright enough to ever put my vision name/password on the treo, right after she told me i'd have to downgrade from powervision to reg. vision and she still didn't think about this..

gotta wonder sometimes who sprint hires..
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Getting a 64K sim fixed this issue for me. I was using an old 32K sim.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678