Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plank
    I have narrowed it down to Volume Care. I just haven't waded thru all the posts to find the solution.
    What version of VolumeCare are you using?

Jeff
    I have tried the last 2 4.x releases and hoped last night's 5.01 would fix it. It didn't.
    I have narrowed it down to Volume Care. I just haven't waded thru all the posts to find the solution.
    That's strange since I'm still using an old version of Volume Care which seemed to not have this problem for a month or so and then the problem started up again a few weeks ago and without me having changed my version of Volume Care. The newest version of Volume Care seemed very complicated and not as clear on calls for me so I uninstalled it and went back to my much older "test" version "4.23 Test".
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    That's strange since I'm still using an old version of Volume Care which seemed to not have this problem for a month or so and then the problem started up again a few weeks ago and without me having changed my version of Volume Care. The newest version of Volume Care seemed very complicated and not as clear on calls for me so I uninstalled it and went back to my much older "test" version "4.23 Test".
    I am absolutely sure this problem is not *directly* related to VolumeCare. I will bet that everyone having this problem has an email package that is making many many network connections and disconnections. Then the number of connections is effected by another application that is maintaining a constant link into the phone API. My guess is that multiple open connections into the phone library are causing dropped network connections to not be cleaned up.

To help support this assumption, do the people that are seeing this problem, immediately see the problem after a soft reset or does it take some amount of time to surface?

Jeff
  5. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I just experienced this problem for the first time a few days ago. I had no idea what was causing it, because I had just installed new versions of several apps (Volumecare and Butler were the big two). Turns out a soft reset fixed it. I didn't think to try powering off the phone.

BTW, I have Verizon, and I'm in NYC. Latest firmware (1.04).

So far it's only happened once. I've been using previous versions of Volumecare for a long time without problems, and I don't think the problem started immediately upon downloading the new version.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am absolutely sure this problem is not *directly* related to VolumeCare. I will bet that everyone having this problem has an email package that is making many many network connections and disconnections. Then the number of connections is effected by another application that is maintaining a constant link into the phone API. My guess is that multiple open connections into the phone library are causing dropped network connections to not be cleaned up.

To help support this assumption, do the people that are seeing this problem, immediately see the problem after a soft reset or does it take some amount of time to surface?

Jeff
    I have just created a test build of VolumeCare to see if it improves the network issues some people are having. Can you test to see if this improves or eliminates the network connection issue?

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=28

Please give it a try and give me feedback......

Jeff
    I will bet that everyone having this problem has an email package that is making many many network connections and disconnections.
    I use Snappermail and I only manually check about once a day.
    I will test the new version of VC over the next few day. Thanks
  8. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I use Snappermail and I only manually check about once a day.
    Same here. However since I've only had the problem once I don't know how much help I will be testing out the new version. I'll try it though.
    It may be a coincidence but this started happening to me after loading Java and KMap on November 28. I have been experiencing no connects for the last two weeks and my solution has been a daily soft reset.

I kinda thought Sprint had/has done something differently with their Vision service cause it happened during a period of no new software app installs (except Java 2 weeks before).
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMShoe
    It may be a coincidence but this started happening to me after loading Java and KMap on November 28. I have been experiencing no connects for the last two weeks and my solution has been a daily soft reset.

I kinda thought Sprint had/has done something differently with their Vision service cause it happened during a period of no new software app installs (except Java 2 weeks before).
    I think there are many factors that lead to this problem happening! It is a very intermittant problem that tends to sometimes be tied to an area of the country/world. Other times I think it is related to the number of connections/disconnections from the network based on application activity.

I have now done everything I can do to eliminate VolumeCare from playing *any* part in this problem. I have spoken to 3 different 3rd party developers to just get different opinions and what VolumeCare is doing is as complient as an application can be to the Palm standards and recommendations.

Jeff
    Any updates? Is no news good news in this case?

Jeff
    I can only check for hung connections in the mornings. My battery drained last night so I reset my phone before I could sign in. Resetting the phone resets my connection problem. I will try again tomorrow.
    Somewhere in the beginning of this thread, one person mentioned VolumeCare and with that, so many people jumped on the band wagon and agreed that is what has been causing this problem.

Jeff has repeatedly said that the issue is NOT related to VC. And guess what, I believe him.

My problem mysteriously started last Saturday. I have been experiencing dropped calls, error 3000 timesouts when trying to connect to the web, and roaming. I dont roam, and I if there is a setting in the 650 to turn roaming off, I'll be darned if I can find it.

I DONT use VC; its never been installed on my current 650; so I cant consider it as a contributing factor to the issues I have.

~ SPCS w/ 650
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Same here. I have tried VC in the past, but it was not installed the last couple of times I did a zero-out reset and reloaded the phone with individual apps (not restore). I have a Verizon 650 and periodically have to either soft reset, or turn the radio off and on. I have SnapperMail checking email every 20 minutes and sometimes notice when it hangs up because of the loss of the data connection. I doubt very seriously that VC is the problem. I know it's not in my case.

Tommy
    For anyone having connection issues with Sprint if you call CS and speak to a Tech rep. they can probably fix this problem with a reprovisioning. I had the same problem and this took care of it for me. My Treo would try to connect and continually time out. I would have to connect numerous times before it would finally connect to any particular site.
    Any updates? Is no news good news in this case?

Jeff
    I was able to connect with no timeouts today. I will try again tomorrow to confirm. This version of VolumeCare hopefully solves MY particular problem. Thank you very much!
    I was able to connect with no timeouts today. I will try again tomorrow to confirm. This version of VolumeCare hopefully solves MY particular problem. Thank you very much!
    You have MADE my day with this post! http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

Keep the feedback coming in.......

Jeff
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I've had the problem of either dropping connection or not being able to connect until turning phone off/on for weeks (intermittently). I use VC, but neve really thought it was related to that. I did try the new beta, but it's still an intermittent problem. Sorry Jeff! (addendum: that was 5.03b, just saw 5.04 came out, so i'll give that a try)...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    I've had the problem of either dropping connection or not being able to connect until turning phone off/on for weeks (intermittently). I use VC, but neve really thought it was related to that. I did try the new beta, but it's still an intermittent problem. Sorry Jeff! (addendum: that was 5.03b, just saw 5.04 came out, so i'll give that a try)...
    There were 5 releases between 5.03b and 5.04. 5.04 is the one that has changes in it to try and directly address this network condition.

Jeff
    There were 5 releases between 5.03b and 5.04. 5.04 is the one that has changes in it to try and directly address this network condition.

Jeff
    Did anything change from 5.03 to 5.04 because today I can't connect.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast